Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
It’s only a problem when teammates don’t reciprocate IMO.

Someone burned Dusty and it cost us a goal, so it goes both ways. If his teammate shared it back, we would’ve gained a goal that we didn’t get...

I reckon if we could break it down statistically we’d find it’s an area influenced by how we remember it. The missed cost of selflessness is more memorable than the missed cost of burning a teammate
Way too mch footy philosophy for me there Dr Cups.
No one should burn Dusty, or any other player.
All I know that Dusty could have kicked that goal,handball to Aarts was the low percentage option no matter how good the vibe might have been.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I think it is a whole team weakness. We torch a lot of goals by overusing the ball up forward.

It's like all this stuff about being connected and playing your role and celebrating each others success has morphed into I must be selfless at every moment and always share the ball.

Needs a tweak back the other way, be a Richmond man and take responsibility to finish the team's work.
Agree, the greatest players in all sports want the responsibility to finish.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Hardwick got it right when he said Dusty's teammates allow him to play the way he does. He misses Cotch winning the hard ball and Prestia's clearances. Our midfield is in bad shape and he can't do it all himself. I'd still persist with Graham, Ross, Bolton and Pickett in the midfield now we have lost Sheds too, what choice do we have. Sure, play the kids but don't expect too much. Be good if Graham can find some form next week.

We are in a world of trouble right now in the midfield, make no mistake.

Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I now think he's the best Richmond player I've ever seen. I'm 58 so I saw only the ends of Bartlett and Hart's careers.
Where does he sit among all teams?
Took the title for me with the GF last season. He’s also the best player for any team ever that I’ve seen.

Reactions: 2 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
He WAS the difference tonight - without Dusty we wouldn’t have won tonight.

Dusty’s 4 goals gets us the 4 pts and 3 Brownlow votes to the great man.

Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
what can you say? A maestro. That first soccer goal was incredible, incredible. Had 1/20th of a second to get a toe on it in a sprawling sea of GWS defenders, and made it look like slo motion.

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I now think he's the best Richmond player I've ever seen. I'm 58 so I saw only the ends of Bartlett and Hart's careers.
Where does he sit among all teams?

at the top

he is easily the best player in my lifetime.

the more you need him, the better he is

Reactions: 1 user