Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
That act could happen a dozen times and the worse thing to happen would be someone winded. Someone must have upset our injury gods! This is a bit like Soldo's injury. Admittedly Balta was fouled but unfortunate fate that his knee hit the right (wrong) spot in Soldo's knee
agree - the injury gods are messing with us this season. difficult to see how you lacerate a kidney from that incident. especially to a bull like dusty.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The irony that the most dangerous tackle sees no free kick to us & our best player out for the season.:(
Yeah and a further irony is that 2 Richmond players get fined for “dangerous tackles” where no one got injured yet Dusty gets injured for 3 months from a ”non dangerous bump”.

So a fine for not injuring someone but no fine for injuring someone.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
clutching at straws if we think that was a fine or a suspension. nothing in it. very unlucky to get kidney damage from that incident.

Reactions: 9 users

spook

Tiger Legend
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah and a further irony is that 2 Richmond players get fined for “dangerous tackles” where no one got injured yet Dusty gets injured for 3 months from a ”non dangerous bump”.

So a fine for not injuring someone but no fine for injuring someone.
Yes, but ours had the "potential" to cause injury.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
he was. and with Robinson it's constant, plays like he's in a video game.
he's a little unhinged ..
Mitch is the sort of guy who most opposition supporters hate, however I have no doubt that if he played for Richmond we would all love him. He is a bit crazy and certainly not one of the most talented players in the game but he gives 100% effort for his team every week. He seems like a great club man to me.

Some good comments in this thread pointing out the anomaly with the bump and head injuries versus this one but to me that shows the stupidity of the way the bump is seen these days rather than Robinson doing anything wrong.

Reactions: 4 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Mitch is the sort of guy who most opposition supporters hate, however I have no doubt that if he played for Richmond we would all love him. He is a bit crazy and certainly not one of the most talented players in the game but he gives 100% effort for his team every week. He seems like a great club man to me.

Some good comments in this thread pointing out the anomaly with the bump and head injuries versus this one but to me that shows the stupidity of the way the bump is seen these days rather than Robinson doing anything wrong.
good and fair comments sin. Robinson was by no means to blame for the injury to Dusty. i just don't dig the way he goes about it on the field, too mush recklessness.
not my kind of player that's all, and it seemed darkly poetic that it was he that was in the collision.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
good and fair comments sin. Robinson was by no means to blame for the injury to Dusty. i just don't dig the way he goes about it on the field, too mush recklessness.
not my kind of player that's all, and it seemed darkly poetic that it was he that was in the collision.
I blame Robinson have a look at the way he went for Dusty not the ball. He isnt even looking where the ball is.
*smile* i hate Brisbane more and the old codger

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I don't blame Robinson 1%, freak accident. Didn't pull out of the contest and ran into the contest front on and wide open, wasn't looking to be dirty.

These things happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users