Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Good to see Dusty easing himself into the game yesterday. A bit hesitant initially but soon started to show us he is back. A couple more relatively easy outings and then he will be ready to roll in round 1

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Great to see the Champ strolling around on the weekend just GOATing in 1st gear, that along with Soldo was the take home feel goodness for the day, apart from winning the 4 quarters before the play stuff. Shai's form was a real positive too, he is going to step up in importance this year again and the RFC needs him to.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Good to see Dusty easing himself into the game yesterday. A bit hesitant initially but soon started to show us he is back. A couple more relatively easy outings and then he will be ready to roll in round 1
If you listened/watched/read some of the palaver after yesterday game....... Dustin was like a rusty old bomb, spluttering to life with a jiggling of the choke!
Whereas the cats HUGE off season signing Tyson whatshisnameused2play4us...... glided onto the field and put out the greatest ever 3rd team debut in AFL history!
Gimme a *smile* break.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Anyone else notice at the first centre bounce the ball went exactly the way it did when he hurt the kidney?

I reckon he was a bit hesitant as well but good to get the monkey off the back from the first go.
Great pick up. The hesitation was there. But the great man brushed it off and had a very good game.

Reactions: 1 user

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
some of his field kicking was right up to his exquisite best
he looked like he enjoyed being out there

I'm happy :)

very happy :giggle::giggle: he's back :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Did he break into a sweat today? Barely got out of first gear and still gathered plenty of the ball. He is taking the *smile*.

Reactions: 3 users

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
whether we win another flag or finish bottom 4 the next few years, one thing i am definitely going to be doing is appreciating every sigle game i get to see this man play, very unlikely we'll see another talent like him in our colours for quite a long time, if ever

Reactions: 8 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Easing himself back into impact footy nicely. Doing enough to see he traits are coming back but not doing too much to cause him trouble before round 1

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
TAB had him $17 before the game , had to grab some of that
10 possessions in the 1st qtr ,then he seemed to be cruising around injecting himself into the game at times from the second qtr onwards

almost a perfect preseason for him , if we are to go deep into the season that’s when we need him most

my vision is he will be a unifying and motivating force for the team , especially when playing in the midfield
with his kidney injury and loss of father and not being able to attend the funeral , his team mates will want to run for him run to block run to handball receive and lead up to him
he has lead from the front and been very unselfish both by not leaving for big bucks and the way he picks out the lesser players with passes

and like in 2019 where they had to dedicate their game to someone else by writing their hame on a rock and that was to enable their output to rise to a higher level , I reckon our guys will bust their arses to support Dusty

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
whether we win another flag or finish bottom 4 the next few years, one thing i am definitely going to be doing is appreciating every sigle game i get to see this man play, very unlikely we'll see another talent like him in our colours for quite a long time, if ever
And it’s not just us who are lucky to see this guy do what he does best, it’s football lovers everywhere. That he plays for us is the cherry on top.

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
TAB had him $17 before the game , had to grab some of that
10 possessions in the 1st qtr ,then he seemed to be cruising around injecting himself into the game at times from the second qtr onwards

almost a perfect preseason for him , if we are to go deep into the season that’s when we need him most

my vision is he will be a unifying and motivating force for the team , especially when playing in the midfield
with his kidney injury and loss of father and not being able to attend the funeral , his team mates will want to run for him run to block run to handball receive and lead up to him
he has lead from the front and been very unselfish both by not leaving for big bucks and the way he picks out the lesser players with passes

and like in 2019 where they had to dedicate their game to someone else by writing their hame on a rock and that was to enable their output to rise to a higher level , I reckon our guys will bust their arses to support Dusty
There was a funeral and he attended ‍♂️

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Robbo: Can Dusty get to Christian Petracca’s level?

HeraldSun
17 March 2022

Christian Petracca had 20 disposals and a goal at halftime and finished with 38 and two goals.

He has been compared to Dustin Martin and now it’s probably fair to ask: Can Dusty get to Petracca’s level?

That’s no disrespect to Dusty, for he probably is the best player this century, but that is a question in reference to last year then Wednesday night.

Martin was injured last year and the footy world looks forward to seeing what he can do against Carlton on Thursday night.

Right now, Petracca is the clubhouse leader.

He has set a lofty bar and surely it’s time opposition coaches don’t allow him to sit off the contest like he does and dominate.

Steve May told Fox Footy after the game that when he saw on the scoreboard Petracca had 37 possessions, he asked Naughton: Why don’t you tag him? May revealed Naughton said: “Nuh, we don’t tag.’’

Will every team have the same philosophy? If yes, then Petracca is going to love footy this season.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/f524fcb2ae4f0ca66826fdaffbebc4a9

• Haha

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Robbo: Can Dusty get to Christian Petracca’s level?

HeraldSun
17 March 2022

Christian Petracca had 20 disposals and a goal at halftime and finished with 38 and two goals.

He has been compared to Dustin Martin and now it’s probably fair to ask: Can Dusty get to Petracca’s level?

That’s no disrespect to Dusty, for he probably is the best player this century, but that is a question in reference to last year then Wednesday night.

Martin was injured last year and the footy world looks forward to seeing what he can do against Carlton on Thursday night.

Right now, Petracca is the clubhouse leader.

He has set a lofty bar and surely it’s time opposition coaches don’t allow him to sit off the contest like he does and dominate.

Steve May told Fox Footy after the game that when he saw on the scoreboard Petracca had 37 possessions, he asked Naughton: Why don’t you tag him? May revealed Naughton said: “Nuh, we don’t tag.’’

Will every team have the same philosophy? If yes, then Petracca is going to love footy this season.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/f524fcb2ae4f0ca66826fdaffbebc4a9

:vomit:vomit:vomit:vomit:vomit:vomit:vomit:vomit