Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
It's not even an article. It's just Likes and Dislikes. Like a kid listing his own. Childish.
He’s not capable of writing an actual article. I pity the poor ghostwriter who has to decipher whatever Knobbo scrawls in crayon on the back of beer mats and trying to make it into something vaguely readable.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Let's see what Jack tells him tomorrow night. Hopefully with a more stern expression rather than his usual friendly one.
Please fill me in. I don’t watch the show. (y)
This is how it should go.
Blobbo: Jack, it was great to see Dusty back, but a lot of gloss was taken off it because he didn’t talk to us in the media.
Jack: Yes you drunken *smile*, it was great to see him back. There was no need for him to talk to the media because he did all his talking out on the ground.
blob: yes, but he needed to talk to us to make the story complete
Jack: no he didn’t and it was complete
blob: (face getting redder, maybe from the booze or just getting flustered because he isn’t getting what he wanted). We needed to know what was going through his head Jack, how can we know if he doesn’t tell the media. We need to know if he’s happy, if he’s in a good place
Jack: you can’t tell if he was happy by the big smile on his face during the game, surrounded by his mates who love him and understand what he’s going through, and respect him enough to know that if he wants to talk he will and we don’t see a need to pressure him?
blob: no I can’t because I’m too thick ( or pissed) to work it out myself unless someone joins the dots for me. We paid good money for the rights to the game, we can demand the players do whatever we want them to do
Jack: no you can’t ( can pronounce that a couple of ways for effect). You paid for the rights to the game, he put on a game for you
blob: ( throwing his notes up in the air exasperated). But he NEEDS to talk to me Jack .( now almost in tears pleading) Why won’t he talk to ME Jack?
Jack: well, to be perfectly honest blob, he thinks you’re a *smile*. He doesn’t want to lower his iq by being in your presence. He’s afraid that by spending a few minutes with you and listening to your inane, incoherent rambling questions, he will come away so stupid that he would think he’s a Geelong or Essendon player. In fact, nearly all the players in the league think you’re a joke and wonder what dirt you have or who you are shagging, for you to have your job. Nobody really wants to talk to you
blob: but you’re talking to me Jack, you like me
Jack: well , no I don’t to be honest. It’s embarrassing being in the same room as you. I’m only here because I’m employed by foxfooty and I’m contractually obligated to talk to you. I’ve actually sacked my manager because he made that deal
mincey: and on that note………….

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Im not sure whether you think it is funny, or just makes you feel like more of a man, but calling a reporter who is trying to do her job a groupie and mole reflects more on you then her.
I see someone has finished their walk across the Nullarbor. Welcome back.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
This is how it should go.
Blobbo: Jack, it was great to see Dusty back, but a lot of gloss was taken off it because he didn’t talk to us in the media.
Jack: Yes you drunken *smile*, it was great to see him back. There was no need for him to talk to the media because he did all his talking out on the ground.
blob: yes, but he needed to talk to us to make the story complete
Jack: no he didn’t and it was complete
blob: (face getting redder, maybe from the booze or just getting flustered because he isn’t getting what he wanted). We needed to know what was going through his head Jack, how can we know if he doesn’t tell the media. We need to know if he’s happy, if he’s a good place
Jack: you can’t tell if he was happy by the big smile on his face during the game, surrounded by his mates who love him and understand what he’s going through, and respect him enough to know that if he wants to talk he will and we don’t see a need to pressure him?
blob: no I can’t because I’m too thick ( or pissed) to work it out myself unless someone joins the dots for me. We paid good money for the rights to the game, we can demand the players do whatever we want them to do
Jack: no you can’t ( can pronounce that a couple of ways for effect). You paid for the rights to the game, he put on a game for you
blob: ( throwing his notes up in the air exasperated). But he NEEDS to talk to me Jack .( now almost in tears pleading) Why won’t he talk to ME Jack?
Jack: well, to be perfectly honest blob, he thinks you’re a *smile*. He doesn’t want to lower his iq by being in your presence. He’s afraid that by spending a few minutes with you and listening to your inane, incoherent rambling questions, he will come away so stupid that he would think he’s a Geelong or Essendon player. In fact, nearly all the players in the league think you’re a joke and wonder what dirt you have or who you are shagging, for you to have your job. Nobody really wants to talk to you
blob: but you’re talking to me Jack, you like me
Jack: well , no I don’t to be honest. It’s embarrassing being in the same room as you. I’m only here because I’m employed by foxfooty and I’m contractually obligated to talk to you. I’ve actually sacked my manager because he made that deal
mincey: and on that note………….
Hemingwayesque prose mate. :ROFLMAO:
That gave me such a good laugh. My wife asked me “what’s so funny?” I read it out to her, she laughed as well.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Hemingwayesque prose mate. :ROFLMAO:
That gave me such a good laugh. My wife asked me “what’s so funny?” I read it out to her, she laughed as well.
Glad to bring a smile to people’s faces :)
Had so much more but couldn’t find my thesaurus. After realising I didn’t need one because blobbo doesn’t know big words , or the meaning of big words when he uses them, I lost my train of thought :)

• Haha

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
What even is a blobbo?

Dustin Martin blew a few cobwebs out after six(?) weeks of personal leave. He certainly played with some relish but he tired as we might have expected.

Fresh Dustin Martin was heavily involved in our early glamour football. It's reasonable to expect that he'll more heavily involved as the season wears on.

Dustin Martin is a young man with a bright future. I look forward to seeing the best of him.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Got any Aloe Vera?

I'm here, just a reader not a poster these days.

Hmmm Dusty is on personal leave for some weeks then comes back

At the same time TBR looks like he took personal leave and came back almost the same day as Dusty

Putting 2 and 2 together that makes TBR Dusty

You know it makes sense

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
You should post. If you feel like it.

Are we short of some unpopular opinions? Like Robbo is spot on, Dustin should have done an interview.

It's Sarah Jones, not Jana Wendt. When a million of your 1.2 this year comes from media money, the least you can do is give a quick 'good to be back, proud of the boys, thanks fans for the support' and be on your way.

By the way, Fox have actually handled themselves very well here. It's a contractual obligation for every player to be available for an on-ground interview after the game (which is why that's the only place you ever hear our man talk), so if they kicked up instead of taking it in good humour I'm sure there would be a pretty decent fine attached to saying no.

Now back to the shadows. :ninja:

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Are we short of some unpopular opinions? Like Robbo is spot on, Dustin should have done an interview.

It's Sarah Jones, not Jana Wendt. When a million of your 1.2 this year comes from media money, the least you can do is give a quick 'good to be back, proud of the boys, thanks fans for the support' and be on your way.

By the way, Fox have actually handled themselves very well here. It's a contractual obligation for every player to be available for an on-ground interview after the game (which is why that's the only place you ever hear our man talk), so if they kicked up instead of taking it in good humour I'm sure there would be a pretty decent fine attached to saying no.

Might be too early for him given his character. Most interviews are a waste of time as a lot of players really don't know what to say and just repeat the same words.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

A contracted obligation maybe but in this day and age there would also be contract clauses covering duty of care, especially in regards to mental health

Businesses having an employee return from mental health need to have a plan that helps the employee regain the full job requirements over time. Very rarely is the returning employee required to be fully job ready from the get go and definitely not if the employee has requested a staged return to work program. Martin fits that scenario

Reactions: 7 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Everything is analysed within an inch of its life.
A champ is back. He needs space. Media are clueless.
This.
I think Dusty would be very wary of the quick question that referred to his Dad. I'm not sure Fox could resist. It did surprise me however that the Nick Reiwoldt interview after the game was declined, as there is genuine trust held in that relationship. Ralph should guide him into a quick question/answer exchange just to remove the mystique which will carry on indefinitely if Dusty keeps shunning all interviews.
He just has to say 'it's good to be back' and 'I'm proud of the boys today' and all the crap stops there.