Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
That would have most likely been before his Dad died. Things change when you have a different perspective on life

Not that it matters, but Shane (for all his faults) was big on showing loyalty which probably had a role in Dusty staying at Richmond when GWS and Norf both came calling.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
they can try and lure him away, i personally cant see it happening,
he is comfortable with his tiger team mates and staff,
i find it hard to see him starting at another club and having to get to know everyone from scratch
Think Dusty might see out this contract with us & that will be it. For all the bluster, Ralph knows the power of being a one club player. Dusty's already signed the big deal.

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
When he first came to the club he was so shy, all you could get out of him was " hi , hello, thanks, cheers, cya " thats about it

by the time i left the club he spoke alot more , he only opens up to you if he trusts you thats why id be surprised if he didnt finish his career at the Tigers

he is awesome with kids though. my 8 year old daughter still gets the biggest smile out of Dusty when she yells out " Dusty , remember me?"

• Love
  • Angry
Reactions: 19 users

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Don't want Dusty to Go .. But if he does .. we gotta get their best under 25 yr old Midfielder or Forward and a first-round draft pick. So it is not all doom and gloom

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Yep thought they have been a perfect combo for a while , due to their contrasts in winning the football when playing forward makes it a nightmare for match ups with a quick change , I’m hoping Bolton will start to get more of the midfield role . Hopefully a couple of the young mids can make the grade soon , an then we can have Mar Ton ;) inside 50
Bolton should be in middle for all centre bounces

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Not that it matters, but Shane (for all his faults) was big on showing loyalty which probably had a role in Dusty staying at Richmond when GWS and Norf both came calling.

Whilst you can't believe anything the merkin says he is on record as saying he thought Dusty was going to #lolnorf before they flew to NZ to meet with his Dad.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
It's only the morons in the meedja that have got their noses out of joint over Dustin not doing an interview. The average punter would be far more understanding of the situation and really couldn't care less.

Another beat up.

Peggy confirmed on 3AW on Saturday that Fox was told that Martin wouldn't do an interview after the game. So they all knew beforehand.

But good old groupie thought she'd try anyway and then cracked the shites when she didn't get her way. No wonder no one subscribes to Foxtel anymore.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 9 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
If his body holds out, I think he will play until he is 37 plus.

His body is in good nick, he loves playing footy and to be frank he doesn't have that many other future prospects to be rushing into.

Reactions: 5 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
When he first came to the club he was so shy, all you could get out of him was " hi , hello, thanks, cheers, cya " thats about it

by the time i left the club he spoke alot more , he only opens up to you if he trusts you thats why id be surprised if he didnt finish his career at the Tigers

he is awesome with kids though. my 8 year old daughter still gets the biggest smile out of Dusty when she yells out " Dusty , remember me?"
Shane Edwards told a story about offering Dusty a lift home from training in the early days and Dusty was so shy that he had a job getting the address out of him.

• Haha

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
If his body holds out, I think he will play until he is 37 plus.

His body is in good nick, he loves playing footy and to be frank he doesn't have that many other future prospects to be rushing into.
Reckon he has 4 more in him , 2 more at a pretty good level and you’d expect from 33/34 might spend more time forward ,,,,37 seems a long way

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Bolton should be in middle for all centre bounces
Bolton. Martin.
Prestia. Cotch. Pickett. Short. Graham.

Those 7 players at centre bounces.
By my rough calculations that is approx 15 each, shared equally.
Go hard and Go forward.
Allows our mids to be play fresh rather than slog it out all game.

Dusty and Shai then spend 2/3rds of the match forward, which stretches and stresses the oppos defence.

Reactions: 3 users