Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
If he did that first interview, no way he addresses his long-term future. Dorothy Dixer questions only.

This has zero to do with it. It's content produced by the media to fill inches and shows without an ounce of actual proof connecting the dots.
This. Like the Gleeson 'analysis' article in The Age today. Complete content speculation garbage article about the Dusty news being content speculation garbage.

How are these journos unable to come up with any real 'analysis?' Can't believe I am saying this but Mystic Meg King at least tries to do actual play or player analysis, or used too.

Reactions: 1 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Why waist your time listening to that crap radio station
I'm in Abu Dhabi, listening used to be an enjoyable way to get ready for work it reminded me of home and I kept up to date for my tipping and supercoach. It has changed overtime from sport to AFL propaganda. Today was Watto paving a way for Hird to return as a coach. Bloody contrived but I don't have a lot of Aussie content available on demand such as SEN.

hayeshayes

Tiger Cub
Mar 25, 2014
Try RSN breakfast club (6-8.30) Good hosts that like and are knowledgeable on most sports and no ads every 5 minutes that go for 5 minutes

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
If he did that first interview, no way he addresses his long-term future. Dorothy Dixer questions only.

This has zero to do with it. It's content produced by the media to fill inches and shows without an ounce of actual proof connecting the dots.

I don't think addressing his long term future was what was required, a lot would have come from the manner in which he spoke about being back.

I'm not going to join the dots here but I'm sure anyone who stops and considers this entire situation will soon see what is going on.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Is there anyone in the media pushing this garbage harder than James Brayshaw?

Seriously he is pushing this crap hard every time I am unfortunate enough to hear him.. Hearing it on radio in a shop tonight he and Parrott going on about it, ie Dusty and Buddy playing together at the Ducks it was grating the way they were talking it up how good it would be!!

Agenda at play ?

This is a serious question now.

Is there a deeper agenda at play here moreso now than just click baiting for ratings and views now being pushed by the affiliated media,?

I'm starting to think there might well be now the longer this goes on.

Only Dustin can put and end to this now.

Last edited:

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Being a contracted player means we hold all the aces.
Whatever will be will be.
33 turning 34 when a new contract comes into play.
Reckon we have played this perfectly.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I'm in Abu Dhabi, listening used to be an enjoyable way to get ready for work it reminded me of home and I kept up to date for my tipping and supercoach. It has changed overtime from sport to AFL propaganda. Today was Watto paving a way for Hird to return as a coach. Bloody contrived but I don't have a lot of Aussie content available on demand such as SEN.
Yep spot on Snags.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I don't think addressing his long term future was what was required, a lot would have come from the manner in which he spoke about being back.

I'm not going to join the dots here but I'm sure anyone who stops and considers this entire situation will soon see what is going on.
You reckon theres been an issue with the coaches, you have been hot with that.

Dusty goes away, up to Sydney, comes back says “get me to Sydney” , truce till end of the year then a deal gets done.

It’s plausible, unlikely but not ridiculous. Saying nothing now doesn’t mean Dusty is going. Or staying.

Last edited:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
You reckon theres been an issue with the coaches, you have been hot with that.

Dusty goes away, up to Sydney, comes back says “get me to Sydney” , truce till end of the year then a deal gets down.

It’s plausible, unlikely but not ridiculous. Saying nothing now doesn’t mean Dusty is going. Or staying.
There might be the slight chance also that this could be a possibility as you've put it Scooper.

And the time away and now the media barrage is all being used to soften up TIger Fans and footy fans in general and have them in acceptance mode for the end of the year should it be announced.

My cynicism and disenfranchisement knows NO BOUNDS these days sadly.

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Part of me would rather Dustin just walk away from the game completely than have this BS transpire.

The thought of him in a Swans jumper (no doubt AFL assisted) will just about be be enough to make me throw a life long passion in the bin, and I've already taken the lid off of said bin with recent shenanigans.

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Part of me would rather Dustin just walk away from the game completely than have this BS transpire.

The thought of him in a Swans jumper (no doubt AFL assisted) will just about be be enough to make me throw a life long passion in the bin, and I've already taken the lid off of said bin with recent shenanigans.
I like to see us get a deal with either Sydney or GWS for and hanful of picks and then see Dusty walk away from the game before preseason training starts.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Craigo I’m at that tipping point too!