Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
It’s newsworthy because the question was asked and Dimma and Jack both said they’d support him if he wanted to go.

If they said he was contracted for 2 more years and not going anywhere then no story

Reactions: 2 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
It’s newsworthy because the question was asked and Dimma and Jack both said they’d support him if he wanted to go.

If they said he was contracted for 2 more years and not going anywhere then no story

They also said they didn't want him to go.

you keep ignoring that part of the narrative.

Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Need to start a rumour that Buddy is unhappy in Sydney. Doesn't think the Swans list is that good and wants one more flag before he retires. Also sick of being surrounded by massive tossers in the eastern suburbs of Sydney. Reckons the Tigers will have another shot at it in 2023 (as well as this year) and wants to play in the same forward line as Dusty to make it happen.

Do you think that scenario get Barrett and the rest of the media cheer leaders creaming themselves like they are at the moment???

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
You're probably correct but the media cheer leading to make this happen is nauseating. Never seen anything like it in terms of the possibility of a player changing clubs. It's almost like they've all turned Swans supporters over the past week.

The Judd back to Melbourne trade was a huge media event. But he was definitely going.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The Judd back to Melbourne trade was a huge media event. But he was definitely going.
Yeah but as I recall it there was no media cheer leading for him to go to a certain club. And I believe it was pretty common knowledge that he wanted to return to his hometown.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
They can do that privately, without giving the public impression they're happy to let him walk for a pittance.
If the times comes and he wants to go, a fair deal will need to be struck. These comments won't impact that.

Dimma will roll with "We love Dusty and want to help him get to his desired club but it's incumbent on these clubs to not take advantage of us doing the right thing, a fair deal needs to be worked out and we think in the best interests of Dusty, club X will come to the table and help us make this happen"

Reactions: 1 users

TigerWinner

Tiger Rookie
Apr 21, 2022
The only thing that can kill this story is Dusty saying he will see out his contract at Richmond.

Without that statement he is going imho.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Nargh, I reckon they are taking the P 1 5 5 !
Dimma, Jackmond, Aston, Richmond, Everyone!
Don't forget they have done alot of head space stuff with Emma.
Aston and everyone is totally ok with it.
Ain't leaving.
We are playing them on a break.
Paying the media back for all the *smile* they have written.
When the time is right announcement of new deal will be made.
Don't sell The Meerkat short.
He is pretty shrewd and Aston has only benefited by the alliance.
Will be a one club player, Champion and Tiger Great.
That's my take.
End of.

• Love

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
They also said they didn't want him to go.

you keep ignoring that part of the narrative.
That's irrelevant to the media when the club makes it clear they are open to him moving

Last edited:

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
I reckon Dimma thought it would diffuse the situation. At the end I don't think it mattered what was said. The media will have its frenzy.
I'd like to believe that but its more likely that Dimma just answered the question honestly without really thinking about the consequences of this answer.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
My hunch, for what it's worth, is that Dusty is going to carve up Essendon.
The stage is set for a game to be stamped with his authority.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
That's irrelevant to the media when the club makes it clear they are open to him moving

It's not irrelevant, the club are saying they want him to stay, BUT IF HE WANTS TO GO THEY'LL DO THE RIGHT THING BY HIM.
Just as they have done for other players who've wanted to move.

You're just perpetuating the media beat up not understanding that.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I'd like to believe that but its more likely that Dimma just answered the question honestly without really thinking about the consequences of this answer.

I don't think it matters what Dimma said, the media would twist it ti suit their narrative.

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
Nargh, I reckon they are taking the P 1 5 5 !
Dimma, Jackmond, Aston, Richmond, Everyone!
Don't forget they have done alot of head space stuff with Emma.
Aston and everyone is totally ok with it.
Ain't leaving.
We are playing them on a break.
Paying the media back for all the *smile* they have written.
When the time is right announcement of new deal will be made.
Don't sell The Meerkat short.
He is pretty shrewd and Aston has only benefited by the alliance.
Will be a one club player, Champion and Tiger Great.
That's my take.
End of.

is buddy thought of less for the switch?
if he wants & compo is adequate (young bull mid/pick) i'll enjoy him in another jumper & celebrate his legacy even longer.
we're not going to win the next two flags...he knows we luv him either way.