Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
It's not irrelevant, the club are saying they want him to stay, BUT IF HE WANTS TO GO THEY'LL DO THE RIGHT THING BY HIM.
Just as they have done for other players who've wanted to move.

You're just perpetuating the media beat up not understanding that.
I understand your point but the other players we helped move on were fringe players so that made sense to supporters, the other players and fitted with the culture.

They weren't a Brownlow Medalist, x3 Norm Smith Medalist and arguably the best player ever to play for the club. We start giving away the farm and soon enough we'll be homeless

Reactions: 1 user

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
I don't think addressing his long term future was what was required, a lot would have come from the manner in which he spoke about being back.

I'm not going to join the dots here but I'm sure anyone who stops and considers this entire situation will soon see what is going on.
I have considered the whole situation. I'm pretty sure what I'm thinking is what you might know?

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I understand your point but the other players we helped move on were fringe players so that made sense to supporters, the other players and fitted with the culture.

They weren't a Brownlow Medalist, x3 Norm Smith Medalist and arguably the best player ever to play for the club. We start giving away the farm and soon enough we'll be homeless

Don't you think the club will do everything they can to keep him, I do. But if they can't convince him to stay THEN they'll let him go.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Don't you think the club will do everything they can to keep him, I do. But if they can't convince him to stay THEN they'll let him go.
If they do everything they can to keep him then he won‘t go. He is contracted for 2 more years.

The only way he can go is if we don’t do everything we can to keep him which Dimma has already confirmed will be the case.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
If they do everything they can to keep him then he won‘t go. He is contracted for 2 more years.

The only way he can go is if we don’t do everything we can to keep him which Dimma has already confirmed will be the case.
Complete n utter waste of time forcing someone to stay when they don't want to be there. Would be an absolute disaster the mess n disruption a pissed off player could cause within the team harmony.
They're human beings not machines, gotta treat them with a little bit of respect and courtesy whether they be champions or barely fringe numpties. Every other player on the list gets to see what's going on n if one gets harshly n wrongly dealt with it sits in the back of mind as to when is it their turn to get shafted.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Complete n utter waste of time forcing someone to stay when they don't want to be there. Would be an absolute disaster the mess n disruption a pissed off player could cause within the team harmony.
They're human beings not machines, gotta treat them with a little bit of respect and courtesy whether they be champions or barely fringe numpties. Every other player on the list gets to see what's going on n if one gets harshly n wrongly dealt with it sits in the back of mind as to when is it their turn to get shafted.

Very true Maso. If someone wants to leave, let 'em, Mustin owes us nothing in any case.

Anyways, I pay no attention to trade or ZOMG someone is leaving rumours until it actually happens. It's all just media *smile* and wind for now

Reactions: 2 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Wow just wow, as they say,your getting urinated on,and been told it's raining, and plenty here,pull out there umbrella.
Media rubbish.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Has the lad even asked to leave or said anything? Or is it all supposition and juxtaposition over a throwaway comment.

Dustin might well want to move to Sydney to live in anonymity for the rest of his life and may have well said so to others but maybe just maybe he means when he's done with his contract.

The media is a vile disgrace.

Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Saw some glimpses early from the Tiger King that play when he kicked that goal and gave his Maori celebration was great to see him spark up.

Then they took it off him.

• Angry

Pandaboy

Tiger Superstar
Mar 27, 2009
Still get the feeling he's just going through the motions out there and lacking motivation. Will probably play even more in the forward 50 next week with Tom out.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Had a goal taken off him by the goal umpire and lack of snicko (maybe)

Had a fifty given against him I think for not standing and pretty sure he was yelling I can’t *smile* hear what you are saying to the ump. Probably lucky it didn’t turn into a 100 given that. Umps have no feel for the crowd noise - same 50m against shai playing on after ess free kick and probably didn’t even. Hear the whistle.

Reactions: 2 users

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
Had a goal taken off him by the goal umpire and lack of snicko (maybe)

Had a fifty given against him I think for not standing and pretty sure he was yelling I can’t *smile* hear what you are saying to the ump. Probably lucky it didn’t turn into a 100 given that. Umps have no feel for the crowd noise - same 50m against shai playing on after ess free kick and probably didn’t even. Hear the whistle.
Plain and simple the Bombers had extra 3 players (umpires) on the field and still couldn’t win.
honestly the rules and the umpiring has turned our once great game to *smile*.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Still get the feeling he's just going through the motions out there and lacking motivation. Will probably play even more in the forward 50 next week with Tom out.
Tend to think the same. Thought the champ could have gone a bit harder in one or two situations last night.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Our hero looks much as we might have expected - underdone and even a bit burly. But he's working.

Toby Nankervis was as vengeful as is legal last night in his attack on the ball/man. Toby's quite a competitor and may be have heard that Oliver, Petracca and Gawn are the best players in the game and that Melbourne is easily the best team. And he's pretty fired up. It's possible that Nank has his own theories.

Whatsisname in the #4, who used to be good at football, he might concoct a few theories about that Melbourne story too.

But first he needs match practice and fitness. Touch.

Reactions: 4 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Dusty is doing enough IMO.It is a long season why bust a gut now.The side has won 4 in a row and looks likely 7-4 at the turn which is probably better than most here thought would be the case.One thing of interest this week is how he will play in Sydney,given the rumours

• Haha

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
Saw some glimpses early from the Tiger King that play when he kicked that goal and gave his Maori celebration was great to see him spark up.

Then they took it off him.
They didn’t take it off him it hit the sticks

• Dislike