Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
at this stage of the proceedings I do not mind winning games without major Dusty input.
at this stage of the proceedings I do not mind winning games without major Dusty input.
Still building. Slowly. Still seems to be invested and I’m not believing any of what the media ‘think may be happening’ or ‘where he might be at seasons end’.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Did Dusty get wacked off the Ball last night or is he just underdone?
He did cop a knee under the ribs from Riewoldt in a mark contest.
Didn't look good and was struggling to stand up.
But looked okay by end of game

Reactions: 1 user

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
Thank you. Someone who should know better to ring me during the game and I went to another room. Just came back and saw Dusty hunched over talking to the trainer.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
So that's why cornes reckons he should have a concussion test. Makes perfect sense. To cornes at least.

Reactions: 1 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Still building. Slowly. Still seems to be invested and I’m not believing any of what the media ‘think may be happening’ or ‘where he might be at seasons end’.
Bye didn't do him any favours that's for sure. Couple of times he fumbled or failed to pickup a ground ball.

Doing well all things considered.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Couple of times last night he was right there when needed.

Also set up Juds second goal.

Tiger King is just idling.

His body composition post injury was ravaged with a non protein diet and wastage which took him all pre season to build up, even then he was lighter.

Then he stepped away for what 6 -7 weeks and his condition dropped accordingly.

He's building but slowly. Motivation is mental and emotional and our champ has had his head elsewhere thus his return is not a linear process.

He's not yet quite in the physical condition or composition for his optimal performance it will take him some more time, to build it through the season.

He is a pro and a proud young man who loves his mates and his club. He doesn't want to let them down

Right now his presence is invaluable even if he's not lighting it up on all cylinders he's tuning up and the simple fact he is there is an immense boost for the boys.

Reactions: 20 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
So that's why cornes reckons he should have a concussion test. Makes perfect sense. To cornes at least.
Karen is a knob.
Type of person who would go to Spain and complan that there is too many Spanish people there.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Dusty didn't train Sat or today's Monday main session ☹

***Edit: I have heard that he will be right to play (y)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Couple of times last night he was right there when needed.

Also set up Juds second goal.

Tiger King is just idling.

His body composition post injury was ravaged with a non protein diet and wastage which took him all pre season to build up, even then he was lighter.

Then he stepped away for what 6 -7 weeks and his condition dropped accordingly.

He's building but slowly. Motivation is mental and emotional and our champ has had his head elsewhere thus his return is not a linear process.

He's not yet quite in the physical condition or composition for his optimal performance it will take him some more time, to build it through the season.

He is a pro and a proud young man who loves his mates and his club. He doesn't want to let them down

Right now his presence is invaluable even if he's not lighting it up on all cylinders he's tuning up and the simple fact he is there is an immense boost for the boys.
Great explanation for dropping conditioning etc. It was a serious injury and possibly may still have some nagging little mental demons too. But we are awfully demanding at times of our stars. Long way off his best but 13 disposals, 2 goals and a goal assist to the Juddstar we would accept as acceptable from most on our list. More game time and I think the fumbles will drop away, may see the don’t argue come back a bit and then he can be cherry ripe to take home his 4th Norm Smith in our 2022 triumph.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I have edited my post above as I have heard that he will be right to play(y)

Reactions: 6 users