Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Tiger Ghost

Tiger Superstar
Nov 19, 2010
Your mums house
Surely he's in Melbourne considering his dad was laid to rest in Melbourne today according to the HS, so maybe the only lie told was Dusty wasnt actually sick and it was used as a cover to give him some peace to bury his dad.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Surely he's in Melbourne considering his dad was laid to rest in Melbourne today according to the HS, so maybe the only lie told was Dusty wasnt actually sick and it was used as a cover to give him some peace to bury his dad.
Today? Sometime ago he died isn't it?

maisie928

Tiger Cub
Aug 10, 2020
I haven't read the article because it's behind a paywall, but I can see they have taken photographs of his father's grave and headstone, with flowers around it etc. I bet Dustin and his brother's are disgusted with the journalists and paper for publishing this.

Reactions: 1 user

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
I imagine they brought his body back from NZ to be buried.
Don’t know the details but can envisage the fact that Spud Dutton is no longer relevant would have helped facilitate this final chapter of Shane Martin’s return to Australia.

May he now Rest In Peace!

Reactions: 1 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Article says they had his body returned to Oz and buried him in January at Macedon Cemetery

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
As Tiger fans are thinking of the champ.

I’ve been through and to love your dad and having to say goodbye , knowing that’s it a tombstone to me is finality.

For myself whenever I go and it’s weekly ( dad passed away much much younger than Dusty’s) I’ve become numb and I still miss and find myself saying I ‘wish I just had more time, said more , did more.

To Dusty his dad was his best friend. Someone he played for apart from his team mates.

Hope is well enough and shows the Cats again to remind them of 2020.

From the outside and not knowing him personally like some here, he must be a loyal, caring and decent man.

Dusty WE ARE THINKING OF YOU….

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
We've got to cover for Chimp, who has played #2 mid terrifically all year, when he hasn't had to play #1.

We've got to cover for him for two weeks that he'll miss and for much of the year when he'll be asked to avoid smashing that shoulder into people who really have it coming. Maybe another four to six.

When his confidence is right Hugo is good at contests, as scrappy as he can be. But is he ready for a run in the guts? He hasn't had one yet.

Jack Ross in not in the same league as Hugo for contested. So, nobody coming through?

Remember that Martin bloke who used to be good at footballer? Wore #4. Apparently he's playing this week. He'd never be as good as a 32yo Trent Cotchin but he might be ok to get a kick.

Martin will be faced with the awesome challenge of a crippled Clangerflop. Or a massively redundant Selwood. You don't suppose he'd walk into the terrifying Parfitt do you?

"I don't think he knows what [the VFL] is." Hardwick on Dustin Martin.

Before he got the flu Martin was working for a living. Chasing and tackling. Sure, Oliver and Petracca are the best players in the AFL. And Shai plays the AM role that was once Whatsisname's (#4). But Dusty was playing blue-collar football before the most recent break.

Could we take it as far as to get Whatsisname #4, who used to be good at football, to tag Joel Selwood for, nominally, a quarter? Play inside, hunt Selwood?

Dusty has been challenged this year off the field. (Very tough times.) But he's back at work and that should be good. No reason to set him Herculean tasks. We never did that anyway - he did.

Let's set him a modest assignment. Let him have a win.

Reactions: 2 users
Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
Last time this bloke played in a Grand Final he was voted best on ground. I believe he's done that 3 times now.

Handy inclusion.
Yup. And his prelims are just as good. I heard a stat a while back that I’m bound to mangle, but here goes:
83 blokes have had 20+ touches and 2+ goals in prelims once. 13 have done it twice. Three times?
Just the one fella.
Good in.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users