Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Time to put away The Smiths records, wipe off the eyeliner, and get metal, Dustman. Rage Against The Machine on high rotation.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Kicking to team mates has been horrendous. Trying to do too much instead of hand balling off to the first option. Someone from inside the club told me on the weekend they want him to trim down a tad.

Reactions: 3 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Dusty had 19 possessions , if it was a 1st or 2nd year player we'd be singing his praises
but Dusty has history , glorious history and that has set expectations

I felt he was lurking around stoppages and drop of the ball etc but a number of them just didn't bounce/drop his way
he looks hungry , invested and the team was looking for him

for a hugely interupted season I reckon it was fine and is setting up nicely for a return to form in the next 7 - 11 weeks :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Dusty is timing his run for the finals. If we don’t get there it won’t be his fault.

The finals are his domain. Having his weight, fitness and stamina spot on is essential.

Reactions: 1 user

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
I think he has truly lost his love for the game… almost dead eyes on field nowadays….

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Watching Dusty post the kidney injury, he doesn't seem to have that bit of past seasons spark and he is more conservative in his approach to footy. Maybe he is still feeling his way back along with his recent personal issues but I can't help but think we have seen the best of Dusty. I hope I am wrong and want him in our team as even a 90% Dusty we are still a better team

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Watching Dusty post the kidney injury, he doesn't seem to have that bit of past seasons spark and he is more conservative in his approach to footy. Maybe he is still feeling his way back along with his recent personal issues but I can't help but think we have seen the best of Dusty. I hope I am wrong and want him in our team as even a 90% Dusty we are still a better team
I forgot about the kidney injury.
*smile* we have lost good players over the year's to injuries.
Michael Mitchell retired due to concussion issues.
Foley back and ankle issues.
Free knee issues
Couglan constant knee issues

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Was better than I realised. Sure, 9 largely wasted disposals in the first quarter. And caught a couple times after that. And, whacko, he did play on Selwood for periods, doing well in the main.

At crucial times Martin won a couple of hot ground balls at lace height and used to players in space. He was working two ways for the crucial periods of the game.

Invested. Turning the corner IMO.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I do hope he is turning the corner, Dustin does not look happy at the moment, I'd like to see the football ground become a refuge for him again so he can enjoy at least that part of his life.

One thing I did notice was that the Geelong fans were obsessed with Martin. Every time he was within 5m of the ball they went apesh*t and celebrated if he didn't do something spectacular. If Martin was caught holding the ball it was like they had won the game. Seriously living rent free in their heads.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
I forgot about the kidney injury.
*smile* we have lost good players over the year's to injuries.
Michael Mitchell retired due to concussion issues.
Foley back and ankle issues.
Free knee issues
Couglan constant knee issues
Nathan Brown leg break

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users