Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Probably should be on the rumour board but from what I am hearing from two different sources he is Sydney bound.

Mods feel free to move this.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
It is kind of surprising that we haven’t heard a peep out of Dusty.

Not even a club video. Things are far too quiet.

Seems an arranged silence. I’m worried about the long term.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

As much as I love the Tiger King I'd rather he walk away from the game, than see him running around for the Swans.

The added concern is his great mate in Cotch might not be playing next year either and his older mates are starting to leave him at Punt road.

If he goes to Sydney (no doubt with the assistance of the AFL) I will nigh on give the game away,.

Reactions: 1 user

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Dusty is 32 next year.
He can do what he wants.
I reckon he will go around one more year and pull pin entirely.

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
Given what he has done for our club, I think he has earned the right to do what he wants......regardless!

There is nothing else to prove , or achieve on the football field, and he certainly doesn’t need the money.

However, there is one thing left that I think may be a reason to stay ..... I think Dusty would like to walk away from the game with all his accolades, and wealth with the mantle of being a ONE CLUB player!!! A true Richmond Man

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
He can go where he wants. He will only ever be a marketing bonus for any other club. He is a Tiger immortal and will forever be a Richmond man.

• Love

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

But Dusty has always been a private person - it’s not like his contract is up.

I am happy that there is not much noise around him at the moment.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Up to a point. If he does leave, we shouldn't bend over at the trade table out of the goodness of our hearts. No one is bigger than the club.
It’s not so much bending over at the trade table, it’s more that we have the right to demand that anyone who does want him play most, if not all, of his salary. That would be the biggest obstacle to him going anywhere else.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'd love for Dusty to retire a one club superstar. But after all he has done for the RFC and all us Tigermaniacs I also want what is best for Dusty.

:cupgold:cupgold:cupgold

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
I'd love for Dusty to retire a one club superstar. But after all he has done for the RFC and all us Tigermaniacs I also want what is best for Dusty.

:cupgold:cupgold:cupgold

Yes, but what is best for Dusty is another 2 x premierships with Richmond

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Up to a point. If he does leave, we shouldn't bend over at the trade table out of the goodness of our hearts. No one is bigger than the club.
Question is though. What is a 31 year old 50% Dusty worth on the open market????

Obviously don't want Dusty to leave n play elsewhere, but there's realistically bugger all more that he can achieve status n performance wise at Tigerland.
To me he's playing at about half usual rat power, doubt it's a physical issue more mind set n focus. Is there more value to a new club, us and of course Dusty by having a new club refresh. Possible win - win - win scenario. Or do we hang onto Dusty at all costs, price him out of the trade market n hang onto an unfocused possibly disgruntled Dusty just because.

Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Question is though. What is a 31 year old 50% Dusty worth on the open market????

Obviously don't want Dusty to leave n play elsewhere, but there's realistically bugger all more that he can achieve status n performance wise at Tigerland.
To me he's playing at about half usual rat power, doubt it's a physical issue more mind set n focus. Is there more value to a new club, us and of course Dusty by having a new club refresh. Possible win - win - win scenario. Or do we hang onto Dusty at all costs, price him out of the trade market n hang onto an unfocused possibly disgruntled Dusty just because.

As CTT mentioned above, if he leaves for the Swans, they should be paying his entire salary. The cap space if he leaves will likely be more valuable than the draft pick we receive.