Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
I think we can safely safe we as Richmond supporters have seen the best of Dusty.
if he does go his new club might get glimpses or cameos but not the full performance of one Dustin Martin.

Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I don’t care about a trade. If he goes anywhere they have to cover all of his salary.
Surely we pay not a red cent of his salary if he leaves? This is not a Scumwood fire sale where they still pay the likes of Treloar $300k plus a year for many years after he leaves. I can’t imagine the club is trying to push Dusty out. If Dusty leaves it’s because he wants to live in the sh1thole north of the border.

I still can’t believe he wants to leave the club that gave him all his football glory not to mention unbelievable support both on and off the ground. Of course he has paid everything back in spades but It would be much more preferable for him to finish a one club player. He can live in Sydney when he finishes playing.

But if he really wants to play for the Swans then I guess it will be hard to stand in his way. But we need to strike a magnificent deal for the Richmond Football Club.

Reactions: 7 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Win win for player and club. Can't lose if he stays, cant lose if he goes (if we play it smart). Chance to get amazing relief in salary cap to recruit quality mids and keep Shai and Dan Rioli. The champ will always be the champ. Reckon it is in everyone's best interests if goes, he needs the revitalisation and we can't be wondering whether he will turn up.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I don't think this will happen sadly :( .. more like 1 . GWS - Tom Green or first-round pick and Tim Taranto ? or
2.Swans their first 2 draft pics ( they have 2 first-rounders this year ).
If your getting Sydney to pay his entire salary your not getting pick 12 for him.
He basically goes for free, and we have enough to resign and recruit.

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
If your getting Sydney to pay his entire salary your not getting pick 12 for him.
Who knows what will happen ...Still think we will get something for Dusty .( marketing alone for Sydney sides will make him worth more ) like what I stated earlier
My thinking is GWS - Tom Green or first-round pick and Tim Taranto ? or
2.Swans their first 2 draft pics ( they have 2 first-rounders this year ).

Going to be big off-season for us whatever happens even bigger if Dusty leaves.

Last edited:

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
any talk of his salary being a hinderance in any way, shape or form is ludicrous. He is a megastar, Sydney marketing gold, even at 70% of his best, but he will be 90-100% IMO.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Funny how this raises its head again without any other talking points this week to cram up the news cycle.

Noble at the Kangas no one really cares so lets bring back Dustin io Sydney.

How about K Mart Dusty goes to Sydney instead.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Tom Harley from the swans have said they’re not interested.
Guess his going to Sydney.

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
Can we get a single solitary source, rather than just peoples "feelings?" Until then it's not worth talking about. Neither Dustin, nor anybody close to him has hinted that he wants out of Richmond. Quite the opposite actually. Very annoying.

• Love

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Can we get a single solitary source, rather than just peoples "feelings?" Until then it's not worth talking about. Neither Dustin, nor anybody close to him has hinted that he wants out of Richmond. Quite the opposite actually. Very annoying.
Agree. I reckon Duz probably wants to retire and get into a fitness industry business.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Surely we pay not a red cent of his salary if he leaves? This is not a Scumwood fire sale where they still pay the likes of Treloar $300k plus a year for many years after he leaves. I can’t imagine the club is trying to push Dusty out. If Dusty leaves it’s because he wants to live in the sh1thole north of the border.

I still can’t believe he wants to leave the club that gave him all his football glory not to mention unbelievable support both on and off the ground. Of course he has paid everything back in spades but It would be much more preferable for him to finish a one club player. He can live in Sydney when he finishes playing.

But if he really wants to play for the Swans then I guess it will be hard to stand in his way. But we need to strike a magnificent deal for the Richmond Football Club.
Swans will need to clear $1.3mil from their salary cap so are going to have good players on offer in return.

Outside of Mills and Heeney I reckon the rest will be in the mix

Reckon we start with Chad Warner and Logan McDonald. Probably have to settle for the likes of Blakey and Rowbottom though.

I *smile* hate Papley so it better not include him.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
This has been on the cards for a while now.

Merkin came out early 2021 and talked about how much Dusty luvs Sydney and that he'll likely finish his career there when his contract is up at the end of 2022!!!

This confused everyone and forced Benny to came out and confirm his contract was actually till end 2024 and it all went quiet for a while.

I expect Dusty has some sort of mutual release or trade clause in his contract that enables him to move at the end of this season if he wants to, hence Merkins comments about 2022.

Suggest folks get their head around it because if Sydney are prepared to pay up it will happen

I reckon the sudden departure of Rioli and Bolton from his management group is also cause for further thought. I reckon the club found them new managers for good reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Could this be more club rather than Dusty?

What's our salary management look like in these next few seasons? Lynch is backended as far as I know.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
It looks like he wants out. Fine. He’s earned that right.

But don’t see how we get a good deal.

His suitor has all the power unless we want to threaten to block it.

All that said, if he can help us win the flag this year, I’d let him walk for a 2nd-round pick.