Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
straight swap for Taranto and Green. maybe we chip in and pay a couple of hundred k for the next 2 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
His suitor has all the power unless we want to threaten to block it.
How's that work? He's got a contract. If he and Ralph choose not to honour that contract, surely we have some power?

On a side note.... after watching the press follow him yesterday for a scan... does he really wanna restart his career in another city..... at another club.... under a new administration, another coach, a different system and a group he'll have to form a connection with.... from day 1... ?

Then there's the expectation of him performing as D. Martin (circa 2017) every time he takes to the field.

Won't exactly be anonymous to whatever media circus he'll have following him then.

Reactions: 5 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
How's that work? He's got a contract. If he and Ralph choose not to honour that contract, surely we have some power?

On a side note.... after watching the press follow him yesterday for a scan... does he really wanna restart his career in another city..... at another club.... under a new administration, another coach, a different system and a group he'll have to form a connection with.... from day 1... ?

Then there's the expectation of him performing as D. Martin (circa 2017) every time he takes to the field.

Won't exactly be anonymous to whatever media circus he'll have following him then.
I had the exact same thoughts TBV,

He's in the conversation for the greatest player EVER.

He's a tiger immortal already.

But he's also human, and like every player eventually, he's declining.

Why tarnish your ridiculous legacy by playing 1, maybe 2 seasons somewhere else, with intense media and fan scrutiny?

He's been paid well, by all reports Ralph has looked after him and he's done well with property investment. Surely it's not about cash

Don't break our hearts Dustin, win the flag this year and retire a 1 club legend.

Reactions: 4 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Yes and no. Who thinks Brisbane when Hodge is mentioned. Or MagpiesSwans when Dermie is mentioned. Or Eagles when Sam Mitchell’s name comes up.

Reactions: 1 users

No left foot

Tiger Rookie
Aug 30, 2020
Ch 10 tried to doorstop him 3 times yesterday, on his way for scans, on his way out and in his car with his window down. He fresh aired them every time. Media then had a chuckle with Balmey saying he hasn't talked to them in 15 years and Balmey said 'he doesn't talk to us either'. This is why these rumours keep coming up, you don't talk to the media they punish you by making up crap to try to put pressure on you to give them something.

Reactions: 10 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Ch 10 tried to doorstop him 3 times yesterday, on his way for scans, on his way out and in his car with his window down. He fresh aired them every time. Media then had a chuckle with Balmey saying he hasn't talked to them in 15 years and Balmey said 'he doesn't talk to us either'. This is why these rumours keep coming up, you don't talk to the media they punish you by making up crap to try to put pressure on you to give them something.
As an extension of that, this stuff from Sam Maclure (of all people) is nothing but his gut feeling. There is no actual evidence or anything that he's been especially privy to. He admitted as much last night on FC.

Slow news week. Roll out the 'Dusty might go to Sydney' fake story again.......getting tiresome.

Reactions: 8 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'll say it again. Dusty is a very loyal person. I see no reason at the back end of his career why he'd want to start again with another team. It just doesn't make sense.

Contracted with us, he's got all the money he needs already. Not the type who wants to be the public superstar marketing tool of an expansion franchise.

Funnier things have happened but I'll believe it when I see it.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'll say it again. Dusty is a very loyal person. I see no reason at the back end of his career why he'd want to start again with another team. It just doesn't make sense.

Contracted with us, he's got all the money he needs already. Not the type who wants to be the public superstar marketing tool of an expansion franchise.

Funnier things have happened but I'll believe it when I see it.
Yep. Too obvious especially at 31 years of age. Being a loner, I doubt he'd leave his best mates (Chimp and other Richmond bros) and move interstate. He's launching his fitness app tomorrow so my 'gut feeling' is he's retiring and moving into fitness industry.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
“Not the type who wants to be the public superstar marketing tool of an expansion franchise.”

You dont start hanging out with the most recognised player at the time (Dane Swan) to not want public attention.

People forget how public Dusty was.

Between him and Ralph over the past 4 years is why he is now private as Ralph uses it as a money grab scheme. If you don’t pay Ralph or Dusty money for an interview or promo then they do not “free”ly do it.

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yep. Too obvious especially at 31 years of age. Being a loner, I doubt he'd leave his best mates (Chimp and other Richmond bros) and move interstate. He's launching his fitness app tomorrow so my 'gut feeling' is he's retiring and moving into fitness industry.
Would be surprised if he retired. You don’t start up a new business - especially something fitness app based - if you’re checking out and taking yourself off the radar.

Things like that you need currency and visibility. Not retiring and thus becoming less visible and relevant.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Yes and no. Who thinks Brisbane when Hodge is mentioned. Or MagpiesSwans when Dermie is mentioned. Or Eagles when Sam Mitchell’s name comes up.

Doug Hawkins is known as a Bulldogs Legend, no one ever refers to his 1 year at Fitzroy

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Doug Hawkins is known as a Bulldogs Legend, no one ever refers to his 1 year at Fitzroy
Wow, I had no idea Doug Hawkins Played for the Dogs.
I always thought he just played with Fitzroy.

• Haha

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Hodge prob a bad example , given he lives there and listening to him he’s much more closely aligned to the lions than hawks . I’d be pissed to see dusty playing elsewhere however if he’s not invested in the tigers then I want what’s best for us , delids to gws style

Reactions: 1 user