Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
31yo
First signs of soft tissue injuries
Time for another Deledio type trade which set us up for our 3 premierships. I didn't like Lids in a non-RFC jumper but got used to it.

Martin is more special. Once in a generation player. Three Norm Smiths is a ridiculous achievement. Seeing him in another jumper would hurt.

But if it's what he wants, lets make sure we trade so that we're setting up our next run of 3 premierships. He's done more for RFC than we can ever give back, so if this is what he needs, let's work it wisely.

And he'll always be a Tiger and always welcome back at RFC.

Reactions: 13 users

Tiger Hammer

Tiger Cub
Apr 3, 2014
31yo
Time for another Deledio type trade which set us up for our 3 premierships. I didn't like Lids in a non-RFC jumper but got used to it.

Martin is more special. Once in a generation player. Three Norm Smiths is a ridiculous achievement. Seeing him in another jumper would hurt.

But if it's what he wants, lets make sure we trade so that we're setting up our next run of 3 premierships. He's done more for RFC than we can ever give back, so if this is what he needs, let's work it wisely.

100% agree.

Business decision versus an emotional decision.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Cornes is angry again because dusty didn't talk to reporter.
Dusty dosent like to be 'doorsteped'.
Would like to Doorstep Cornes and I wouldn't get off.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Cornes is angry again because dusty didn't talk to reporter.
Dusty dosent like to be 'doorsteped'.
Would like to Doorstep Cornes and I wouldn't get off.
Bingo , and that could be the sum total of the substance

the media are offended by Dusty's snub

and there response is enjoy dealing with all the gossip

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Better off goose-stepping the bastard
*smile* Cornes. Massive kok slap
Won't bag Hinkley but loves going after Beveridge..
He was bagging clubs, if they go after Degoey. But said Geelong would be a good fit.
Then he ripped Port should go after Mitchell. After saying last year he is too expensive and dosent influence games.
I don't watch Footy classified any more
His constant crap and attention seeking is *smile*

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
31yo

We’ve had a number of players with soft tissue injuries this season.
Who our soft tissue expert at the club?

03146FF8-1975-4A90-8213-9683FA4870A7.jpeg

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
I know Dusty doesnt like the main stream media due to the way they covered chopstick gate. I get it.

BUT, not talking to the media doesn't mean he has to be in a 'cone of silence'. Supporters of Richmond would love to hear more from Dusty. I understand he is shy but I reckon he could make more of an effort to engage with the supporter base, but not through the mainstream media.

Maybe more insights via Richmond website. Even not meeting with Konrad Marshall for his books is disappointing.

I reiterate I have no issue with Dusty not talking to the main stream media, but I do think he could put a bit more of effort into engaging with RIchmond members. It doesnt have to be much.

And I am not asking him to divulge personal stuff, just his views on football matters. eg how he prepares for game day, how is kidney injury impacted his strength, what's he thinks of our young players or Liam Bakers season. does he prefer midfield or forward. etc

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Nah - the media want everything on their terms - door stopping Dusty before a medical deserves the middle finger, they got off lightly because he just ignored them.

Dusty would be getting the best advice media wise.

It was like his first game back after his time off this year - it was agreed he would not do media after the game but FOX still tried to approach him for comments and then critised him when he waved them away.

He gets paid to play footy and as long as he meets his contractual arrangements with the club on when and where he does media - the rest of the time the media can get stuffed.

Cornflakes is fast becoming an irrelevant, loud, painful, self centred whinger.
Absolutely spot on YOTT.

Stuff the media.

Unless Mick Warner wants a chat, give em nothing.

Hopefully other players can see the example that dusty sets - that you don't have to accommodate these parasites, and do the same.

Might even end up with proper journalists eventually, and not the clickbait crap we get dished up now.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Browneye just said the Ducks are not interested in Dusty, so let's all forget this bulltish that he's going to Sydney.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The only reason I take the Dusty move rumour a bit seriously is I *think* when asked to comment, Talking Tigers Manfred said it's 50/50.

I hope it was a different Manfred and there's little to worry about

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
31yo

With respect to Lids, he wasn't fit to carry Dusty's bags.
We saw how damaging he still is last weekend.
I'd rather him on our list than someone elses.

Reactions: 5 users

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
fig has some insights, but...
like all special commentators during games
hes an abrasive never ending intrusion over live action...close to the worst.

stfu fig....im an old male with concentration issues
describe the live action & whos relevant if its not beneath u
let me appreciate the games beauty.
give me ur gold (if u must) at breaks/stops.

who knows, u may well be a good caller.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
With respect to Lids, he wasn't fit to carry Dusty's bags.
We saw how damaging he still is last weekend.
I'd rather him on our list than someone elses.

Don't disagree, but Lids was one of our best players who started his career at the club.

Dusty won the Norm Smith in those Premierships Lids helped us achieve. He's without a doubt the best finals player anyone alive has ever seen.

Reactions: 2 users