Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

The bloke is more interested in selling his brand than supporting the club who took him from rags to riches.

If a dollar sign isn’t on the end of request for him to receive something from it (eg interview, Marshall’s book, another teams mate business opportunity) the forget it.

That’s Dusty and Ralph’s motto - don’t do nothin’ for free or good will

Supporters of Richmond would love to hear more from Dusty. I understand he is shy but I reckon he could make more of an effort to engage with the supporter base, but not through the mainstream media.
He isn’t paid to talk to supporters

Maybe more insights via Richmond website. Even not meeting with Konrad Marshall for his books is disappointing.
He wouldn’t have been paid to contribute to this book

Story gaining traction by the looks of it. Only acceptable if he leads us to a 4th flag.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s interesting that for a contracted player there is no unequivocal rebuff from the club.
it might be on but not in the sense that it’s a fait accompli, dialogue but ultimately Dustin will be making the decision.
and He probably hasn’t.
the only interesting bit is some in the club have suggested he isn’t engaged as per previous.
but hell he’s lost his father.
I preferred Ross Lyons take on the whole thing.

We would all love Dusty to be a 1 club player. But do we sacrifice 2 more years at 1.3 mill and struggle to bring in players or hold on to players because of his large contract?
I would ask Dusty what he wanted to do? If he said he wouldn't mind a sea change and move interstate, so be it. But if he said no I love the club and I want to stay. I wouldn't care either.
I think his decision will come if Cotchin retires.
I would clap every goal he kicks if he played at another club, even if was against us.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
It would be unbelievable if he played against us at the G.
The crowd would be sensational towards him.
Imagine him lining up and the cheer squad stopped waving the floggers and a dead silence No Booing replaced with cheering & applause.
It would be greatest thank you ever.

• Wow
Ross Lyon summed it up best. CW just guessing. Journo’s just making *smile* up. Changing cities does not change the grieving process.

Reactions: 8 users
Still not buying into it just yet but if that were true, then as Wilson says, I’m glad the club is preparing for life after Dusty.
I mentioned this a few pages back but I have heard from a Sydney source and Richmond source it’s happening. The Sydney source said it’s a done deal and are just working out the money side of things. Franklin to sign a 1 year contract.

When Cornflakes opens his gob it spews out Truth like crap from years ago which no one never took any notice of. Do not think Cornflakes will end up with Journo award along with his ex Bomber mate.

I mentioned this a few pages back but I have heard from a Sydney source and Richmond source it’s happening. The Sydney source said it’s a done deal and are just working out the money side of things. Franklin to sign a 1 year contract.
I really don’t get why he would want to go to Sydney? Not challenging what you’ve been told but it really doesn’t make any sense. The grief will be there wherever he goes and he would be leaving the greatest support structure he has most likely ever known. How does he think that will help him? Does he think there is no media in Sydney? They may not be as interested in AFL as they are down here but they are a pack of vultures always after a story and he will be hounded just as much as he is in Melbourne. And the pressure would be immense to bring them a flag alongside Buddy. The two biggest names in the game at the team that apparently just has to succeed because the supporters will disappear once they spend a couple of years out of the finals. How would he deal with being the “saviour” of Sydney.

It’s a bizarre situation. It might happen but I won’t pretend to understand it if it does. I just hope we get a bloody good deal out of it. I don’t mind saying it will hurt watching him play for another club. The other Tiger immortals didn’t do that.

Reactions: 6 users
I really don’t get why he would want to go to Sydney? Not challenging what you’ve been told but it really doesn’t make any sense. The grief will be there wherever he goes and he would be leaving the greatest support structure he has most likely ever known. How does he think that will help him? Does he think there is no media in Sydney? They may not be as interested in AFL as they are down here but they are a pack of vultures always after a story and he will be hounded just as much as he is in Melbourne. And the pressure would be immense to bring them a flag alongside Buddy. The two biggest names in the game at the team that apparently just has to succeed because the supporters will disappear once they spend a couple of years out of the finals. How would he deal with being the “saviour” of Sydney.

It’s a bizarre situation. It might happen but I won’t pretend to understand it if it does. I just hope we get a bloody good deal out of it. I don’t mind saying it will hurt watching him play for another club. The other Tiger immortals didn’t do that.
It’s gonna be a sad day.
kids wearing number 4 will be devastated

Can’t see him leaving. He loves the Tigers and his support for team dictates the way he plays.
He looks for team mates and brings them into the game. This is no accident. There is no player in our clubs history well the last 60 years, who has played with this same level of commitment to team.
It is just not his natural ability that has made him who he is. He has an obsession.
Love it.

Reactions: 2 users
Its been soft messaging all year that’s it’s going to happen.

Caro going with it might happen is pretty damning. Feels like she gets deliberate club leaks.

Im really curious as to what the price is.