Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Unfortunately he's going to be missing much needed match fitness. He's a freak so he may just slot in as if he's never missed a beat but it's not an ideal situation. Won't be surprised if he is a bit rusty.

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Of Martin’s return at Tigerland, Richmond high-performance manager Peter Burge said:

“Dusty is going quite well, he is firming [to play].

“He has had two pretty good sessions. On Saturday he did about 12ks at 80 per cent speed and today he did about 10kms at around 80 per cent speed again, but he did a lot more footy stuff today, change of direction, that sort of stuff. His agility today was a lot more aggressive and more intense than he has been able to give us.

“It’s really been a confidence thing with him as well. He hasn’t dealt with this sort of thing previously. He has been very apprehensive to push too quickly, given we had a little incident about five weeks back, but I feel like we are making progress.

“I list him as questionable on our scale only because we have a few more sessions, but he will move into the probable by the weekend.

“We thought we were probably going to play on the Saturday. If we were on the Saturday I would say he is almost definitely going to play, just the extra two days we lose a session, but he is going pretty well.”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...-tigers-cut-throat-final-20220822-p5bbu0.html

Reactions: 3 users

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
Players more often than not play blinders first game back.
None of his returned games this year have been that *shrug*

I just hope club doesn’t risk a player coming back for name purposes only and that impacts us getting a win in week 1

code yellow and black

Tiger Rookie
Sep 21, 2014
Guessing he struggles to get up for the Thursday game but may have if it was a Saturday or Sunday game. But I have no idea really.

Club hasn’t sounded confident that he would be playing first week of finals.
Reckon he finishes the year and retires unfortunately, just my opinion
would u retire leaving 1.2mil on the table? Hell no for me.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
None of his returned games this year have been that *shrug*

I just hope club doesn’t risk a player coming back for name purposes only and that impacts us getting a win in week 1
This aint any player. Only way he wont play is if he injures it again. This is all do or die now.
The greatest finals player in history plays

Reactions: 6 users

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Unfortunately he's going to be missing much needed match fitness. He's a freak so he may just slot in as if he's never missed a beat but it's not an ideal situation. Won't be surprised if he is a bit rusty.
Regardless of whether he may be a bit underdone, you still have to plan for him and stay as close as possible as Dusty can turn a game in a couple of minutes. Shai, Cumberland, Lynch and Riewoldt all get less attention just because of his presence and that is very good for us.

Reactions: 7 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Martin will be an uninspired return. Richmond will win by 18ish points and Martin will have 20 and 2 goals and everyone will say he was average

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Dusty standing still in the forward pocket will draw one of the opposition's better defenders even if he doesn't touch a ball. Will give Jack and Noah more room to score.

Reactions: 5 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Regardless of whether he may be a bit underdone, you still have to plan for him and stay as close as possible as Dusty can turn a game in a couple of minutes. Shai, Cumberland, Lynch and Riewoldt all get less attention just because of his presence and that is very good for us.

Good point.

You look at their defence.

Andrews - Lynch
Adams / Payne - Jack
Starcevich - Dusty
Prior - Cumberland
Coleman - Rioli

Reckon we'd be liking those matchups

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Good point.

You look at their defence.

Andrews - Lynch
Adams / Payne - Jack
Starcevich - Dusty
Prior - Cumberland
Coleman - Rioli

Reckon we'd be liking those matchups
Dusty with one leg, one arm and one ball bag would slap Starcevich.
Who died and made Starcevich a defender.
The old codger constantly spoke about holding and off the ball crap, pity he dosent see the shiit Starcevich does.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Andrews has been playing like *smile*.

Personal viewpoint is he just isn't that good. He's decent but has been badly exposed by the movement in the AFL gamestyles over the last few years which is creating a lot more 1 on 1 contests in the forward line. He is 1 of the defenders most exposed to it, as I don't think he reads the ball as well as others do and doesn't have the speed to make up for it, so is being a lot more exposed with less cover available to him.

Lynch will be looking forward to this match up.

Reactions: 1 users