Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Absolutely spot on. I've seen Dusty on the t.v. doing a media spot after games plenty of times. Personal and private life is another matter entirely and Dusty well within his rights to ignore the parasites when they come scavenging.

To play devil's advocate though TM, he has deliberately created interest in himself beyond football.

It's not compulsory to take cash to run around in your jocks on ads, or be on massive billboards flogging thongs, hosting Q and A nights or releasing books.

I don't think you can push yourself to the public and then expect them to turn off the interest in you because it doesn't suit you any longer.

If you choose to make yourself a public figure beyond the game then there's good and bad that comes with it.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Dusty is doing a great job in building the enigma that is Dusty

Sometime in the future he will get a squillion dollars for giving a major interview to the leading media personality of that time....Jack Riewoldt

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
To play devil's advocate though TM, he has deliberately created interest in himself beyond football.

It's not compulsory to take cash to run around in your jocks on ads, or be on massive billboards flogging thongs, hosting Q and A nights or releasing books.

I don't think you can push yourself to the public and then expect them to turn off the interest in you because it doesn't suit you any longer.

If you choose to make yourself a public figure beyond the game then there's good and bad that comes with it.
Fair enough, but why should he trust some of the clowns in the media to ask anything relevant or mature enough to warrant an interview with them?

I don’t blame him for having trust issues with most of them. You could just about predict what some of the questions would be. Most have no journalistic experience or ethics. They just want to think there’re the centre piece. Other media performers are just that, performers who would do anything for clickbait.

I don’t blame him for only giving a brief appearance post match. At least that limits the media clowns and fulfills his obligations.
If he wants to run around in his jocks or host q and a nights, that’s his prerogative.

Reactions: 1 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I would say that his opinion of the media is largely a result of the situation with his dad being kicked out of the country and the coverage of it by the press. Obviously recent events made this situation much worse. I don't see him giving them anything at all in the future and nor should he.

Dusty is an all time Tiger legend. I love him. The end.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I would say that his opinion of the media is largely a result of the situation with his dad being kicked out of the country and the coverage of it by the press. Obviously recent events made this situation much worse. I don't see him giving them anything at all in the future and nor should he.
More than likely started with his first interview after being drafted. 30 seconds in n all he got was bugger the footy, just show us your tatts Dusty.

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Fact of the matter is he can do as he pleases, he doesn't owe anyone anything & fulfils his obligations he has with the Club. I personally would be giving the media even less than he does given how they treat ppl within the game itself. As we saw with Bevo earlier this yr when he called out T.Morris they don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot.

Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Might just be a result of this type of guff.

Cam Mooney... lmao.

Mooney’s years at the Cats left him with contempt of us. Another one who’s world view was shattered when we won flags.

Reactions: 1 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
awesome show!

i think it was in season 2, ray and gary are at a football match watching the gws v Tigers
For the full experience of Ray Shoesmith go and watch "The Magician" - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0461989/ then go watch seasons 1,2,3 of Mr Inbetween.

The very final scene is pure brilliance..besides Ray breaking the 4th wall!!

For me its Frontline, Mr Inbetween, Rake as best Aussie shows.

Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Who's wearing the #4 this year?

How's he going? I remember when he was good at football.

There is IMO a 79% chance that he'll wipe his arse with the competition this year. A 21% chance that he'll pass it clean.

Reactions: 2 users