Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Bingo, he will never be a stay at home forward, he will know what matchup to take deep and what match to take up the ground. I reckon it’s 50/50 split at best between midfield and forward. Wouldn’t be shocked if it was 70/30 split forward.

I think it will be the 70/30 forward split personally.

We recruited midfield talent this off-season. We have to cover both Cotch and Prestia to some extent, but if Taranto and Hopper pan out, we get the absolute luxury of Dustin playing a lot more time forward.

He is currently paying $151 for the Coleman and $101 for the Brownlow.

I have a $10 multi on it.

If he wins the Coleman, he is a moral for the Brownlow.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021

We recruited midfield talent this off-season. We have to cover both Cotch and Prestia to some extent, but if Taranto and Hopper pan out, we get the absolute luxury of Dustin playing a lot more time forward.

my thoughts are those bets are far from silly
once a player catches the umpires eye they tend to poll well for life
I wont put money on Dusty this year , you can thank me later :)

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
Dusty gets votes for afl golden child now so many games other tigers deserves 3 votes but their name didn’t award them for that

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
Dusty no Saint but thank god we got this bloke out of the club and away from him, a talent wasted, he had some tricks:

Ex-Tigers star charged with firearm, drug offences

Former Richmond footballer Daniel Connors has appeared in court a day after being charged with firearm and drug offences.
You do realise Dusty and conners are STILL best mates and STILL hang out?

• Haha
  • Dislike

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Dusty gets votes for afl golden child now so many games other tigers deserves 3 votes but their name didn’t award them for that
Evidence please. Time to put up some fact. You may not like him, but he's- by impartial 3rd party observers (eg like Leigh Matthews) one of the greats. It's logically irrefutable.

Without some facts, I'm close to call you a troll. It's the same post, with the same agenda. What did Dusty do, sleep with your wife or daughter or something?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Haven’t been keeping up so apologies in advance, but what type of Dusty are we getting in 2023?

Raging bull or svelte leopard?

Barrel-chested bruiser or slippery assassin?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

If Dusty wins the Coleman alongside Tommy and JR8, then the RFC is winning the flag.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
He can play that forward role and will always take a good defender, and they will panic and sports in the guts, too. The Dusty now is the cherry on the cake we learned to win without him last season, which was a blessing in disguise.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just bumped into the last 20 minutes of the 2019GF on Fox Footy.....geez that's the most words in a minute I've heard Duz speak when Richo interviewed him just after the game....and true ones too.

Reactions: 1 users

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Look, a new troll. Why is it that the trolls always have punctuation issues? If I have to read your rantings, please don't make me read it three times just to work out what you're saying.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
Look, a new troll. Why is it that the trolls always have punctuation issues? If I have to read your rantings, please don't make me read it three times just to work out what you're saying.
I like when a person says something you don’t like they are automatically labelled as trolls. Or perhaps it’s a person who just see things how they are and aren’t shadowed by media/club hype

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
In fairness, the media have generated a mystique around Dusty, but that is not of his creation. It is also true that the big names are favoured in Brownlow and award voting.

But, a champ is a champ is a champ.

I always get the impression Dusty is team first and deflects the accolades.

The big statements like 'without Dusty we don't win premierships' are annoying hyperbole. The same could be said for six or seven of our topliners. Come the hour cometh the man ... and it wasn't always Dusty to give us a dynasty. I could list many season-defining and clinch finals heroics by a range of our Tiger champs.

Reactions: 5 users