Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
As expected the media all over this and trying their level best to somehow implicate Dusty.
How the hell is Dusty caught up in this?
Big photo but none of the "friend"
Anything to bring him down.

Dustin Martin’s stolen car used in wild crime spree​

Dustin Martin has been caught up in a wild crime spree in Melbourne after car thieves stole his luxury ride and later used it to ram police.

Regan Hodge

less than 2 min read
January 30, 2023 - 8:15PM
Thieves stole Dustin Martin’s luxury ride.

Thieves stole Dustin Martin’s luxury ride.

Victoria

Don't miss out on the headlines from Victoria. Followed categories will be added to My News.

Richmond superstar Dustin Martin has been caught up in a wild crime spree in Melbourne after car thieves stole his luxury ride and later used it to ram police.
It can be revealed that the three-time Norm Smith medallist’s car was stolen from a petrol station in St Kilda last week, which was then allegedly used by dangerous joy riders to go on a crime spree.
According to Seven News, Martin had reportedly lent his pristine black Range Rover to a friend. The man had stopped to fill up petrol and left the keys inside while he went to pay for the fuel.
Moments later, an eagle-eyed 29-year-old Springvale man allegedly jumped inside the unlocked vehicle and sped off.
The car was spotted by police about five hours later.
Dustin Martin’s car was allegedly used by dangerous joy riders to go on a crime spree. Picture: Seven News

Dustin Martin’s car was allegedly used by dangerous joy riders to go on a crime spree. Picture: Seven News
As police tried to stop the stolen vehicle, the thief allegedly rammed an unmarked police

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The whole article contradicts the statement that Martin has been somehow caught up in a supposed crime spree. He lends his car to someone, it gets stolen off them, that has absolutely nothing to do with Martin.

The media, especially the gutter dwellers from the Murdoch doghouse, are disgusting.

DS

Reactions: 9 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Dusty Martin caught up in $2b illegal weapons scandal
Monday, 7.42pm

In a second scandal of the weekend, Dustin Martin has now been implicated in a $2b illegal weapons scandal.

The shipping container that contained the illegal weapons - up to $2b in value on the street - was located just 17km off the Somalian coast. Local authorities were tipped off regarding the abandoned shipping container in the early hours of the morning, however no suspects were reported at the scene of the crime. Without further evidence, Somalian authorities have announced an end to the brief investigation.

The shipping container that contained the illegal weapons was made in China using materials sourced from Australia, the nation of Richmond superstar Dustin Martin.

We reached out to Dustin for comment, but we have not received a response at the time of this article.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27 users

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I'm pretty sure that back around maybe late nineties, N.S.W. introduced a law requiring drivers to lock their vehicle when going in to pay for fuel. I do it every time.
The whole concept of having to go in to pay for fuel is ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I'm pretty sure that back around maybe late nineties, N.S.W. introduced a law requiring drivers to lock their vehicle when going in to pay for fuel. I do it every time.
There is a law about leaving your vehicle unlocked in Vic i am pretty sure.
leaving keys in the ignition is just stupid. leaving the keys in the ignition of a pretty fancy car you have borrowed off a mate- not sure how to describe that.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
As expected the media all over this and trying their level best to somehow implicate Dusty.
How the hell is Dusty caught up in this?
Big photo but none of the "friend"
Anything to bring him down.

Captain Obvious comment: By saying drugs were found in the car, they are leading people to question who might have been the owner of the drugs. It’s designed to get more clicks.

It’s disgusting gutter journalism and the Herald Scum are notorious for this tactic (especially when it comes to politics). They make a vague statement that lead people to put 2 + 2 together in the hope the come up with 5 instead of 4.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Captain Obvious comment: By saying drugs were found in the car, they are leading people to question who might have been the owner of the drugs. It’s designed to get more clicks.

It’s disgusting gutter journalism and the Herald Scum are notorious for this tactic (especially when it comes to politics). They make a vague statement that lead people to put 2 + 2 together in the hope the come up with 5 instead of 4.
the HUN article made it clear the drugs were the property of the thief.

06E2B825-4667-4F85-AB21-7CDAE17E99F1.jpeg

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
There's hyper-sensitivity and then there's this thread.

Unless you are completely paranoid there's nothing wrong with any of the reporting of this. Not everyone is out to get you.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Unless you are completely paranoid there's nothing wrong with any of the reporting of this. Not everyone is out to get you.
true. It is crap journalism, but it is simply linking a celeb to an event and trying to pretend it is newsworthy. i dont see any attempt to blame Dusty for any wrongdoing.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008

100% agree. its best to reserve judgement until ALL facts are at hand.
We live in a day of instant notification, that's why stories can change. if they only report when they have ALL the facts they would not be in business.
It's one of the down sides of the digital world.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
true. It is crap journalism, but it is simply linking a celeb to an event and trying to pretend it is newsworthy. i dont see any attempt to blame Dusty for any wrongdoing.
I understand the instant celebrity news world we live in but I don’t think the issue is whether there is an attempt to link him to it or not. The fact is once the story is done the link will be made on social media in particular.
The question for me is not whether the story is accurate or not but whether it is necessary.
Because of the links that will be made I don’t think it is but I guess I still live in a world where there should be some responsibility in journalism.