Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
i cant see him going to another club and starting from scratch in terms of getting to know everyone
he is quite a private person and shy,
id be surprised if he left for another club, money is no issue for him
I don't know what he wants to do, but see out his contract and retire seems more Dusty's style to me.

Reactions: 1 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
I'll be at the game, will let you know if he shows up
You might not be able to see him from up there in your corporate box being tended to by endless wait staff. Hope the boutique designer beer tastes good. ;) (I have no idea if you are gonna be in a corporate box)

Meanwhile me and my daughter will be on the fence with the afternoon sun blinding us (or freezing in the rain) so we might get a glimpse of the great man.

Hopefully, one of us, Ants, will be able to confirm his presence. :cool:

Reactions: 1 user

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Don’t think Dusty is going anywhere
Not without us paying a very large amount of his contract.

This is the end of his big earn, setting him up for life.

He's not going to earn 1.3 on the public speaking circuit.

He will be at RFC in 2024.

The only way he would go would be if say Gold Coast gave him 3 mill over 4 years.

Not going to happen...

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
You might not be able to see him from up there in your corporate box being tended to by endless wait staff. Hope the boutique designer beer tastes good. ;) (I have no idea if you are gonna be in a corporate box)

Meanwhile me and my daughter will be on the fence with the afternoon sun blinding us (or freezing in the rain) so we might get a glimpse of the great man.

Hopefully, one of us, Ants, will be able to confirm his presence. :cool:
I'm in the cheap seats too Ghost

First time at the horrible Giants stadium

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Dusty is a legend of the Game. if he went to Gold Coast or a Sydney team he is marketing PR Gold.
Love Dusty to be a one club player...But.....his next contract at Richmond will be for next to nothing $$
We could offer him a 2 year extension to his current contract on far less money to spread his final year salary to help us rebuild or we can trade him with the help of the AFL to Sydney or Gold Coast and pay a big chunk of his 2024 salary for 2 first round picks. His marketing value would warrant the picks.
Not if he keeps running away from cameras.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Think we will always remember him for the state game, followed by the 3 premierships.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Think we will always remember him for the state game, followed by the 3 premierships.
Not sure the premierships come in 2nd- he has only played in 3 of those. i reckon more of his truly great moments have come in those 18 official pre-season games.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users