Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
We need Dusty to get back to his awesome best. People defending him because of past deeds, but we must face reality that he’s way down on what we know he can do. The champion status belongs to players who perform at the top year upon year. He’s been at the very top but is not top 20 atm.
Dusty hits his straps, and we’re a lot closer to winning the Premiership.

Definitely been a bit quieter again the past few weeks, after having a very good patch before that. So long as he's firing at the pointy end is the main thing..

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Joke we signed him to the contract we did given what he has produced this year. Definitely injured. I mean why isn't he getting 30 possies and kicking 3 goals each week?

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Joke we signed him to the contract we did given what he has produced this year. Definitely injured. I mean why isn't he getting 30 possies and kicking 3 goals each week?

Good question.
What’s

As you point out, he’s a Premiership hero who performed on the biggest stage on the biggest day. Will never be taken away. Doesn’t mean his position, or role or performance now can’t be qusestioned.

Sound familiar? Check your Houli thread.
Hypocrite.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Dusty is a champion, not quite the stellar heights of 2017 but a massive contributor. I reckon he has had some niggles but he seems to be busting through packs again.

The other thing I notice is that he is less motivated when the rest of the team is winning the game anyway. Doesn't see such a need to dominate. Suits me, he can save his best for when we really need it.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Good question.
What’s

As you point out, he’s a Premiership hero who performed on the biggest stage on the biggest day. Will never be taken away. Doesn’t mean his position, or role or performance now can’t be qusestioned.

Sound familiar? Check your Houli thread.
Hypocrite.

Perhaps u missed the sarcasm DA? And u r one of the dingbats I’m having a go at, check out some of your injury calls on dusty earlier in this thread!

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Perhaps u missed the sarcasm DA? And u r one of the dingbats I’m having a go at, check out some of your injury calls on dusty earlier in this thread!

No I got your sarcasm.
Did you get your hypocrisy? That was you who I quoted re Houli
Seems you’re happy to critique all players except your beloved Dusty.
Come back with your blinkers off

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I really like the shape of the team at the moment, with Nank back next week, i’d like to see Dusty playing predominantly midfield and resting on the bench, with just the occasional run in the forward line.
Jack’s back, and worked well with Lynchy last week. With Stacky looking so good in the forward line (he’d look good anywhere) we have have a good 3 prong attack.
Dusty impacting in the midfield off the bench with the likes of Chimp, Shed, Prestia and Shai would give our midfield more potency imo.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
So, in the words of their coach, port are aiming to "terrorise" Dusty this week...
Let's see how that works out for them.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
tho quoting barrett for anything on footy matters is like reading zips
True TD
here is what the adelaide rag quoted hinkley as saying...

"Ken Hinkley says Port Adelaide is unlikely to use a tagger to nullify the threat of Richmond star Dustin Martin after the tactic backfired on the weekend.
The Power coach deployed Cameron Sutcliffe in a role aimed at limiting the impact of gun midfielder Lachie Neale during Sunday’s 48-point loss to Brisbane at Adelaide Oval. But Hinkley said the approach failed to have the desired effect, after claiming pre-game his side would “terrorise” the Lions danger man."