Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
He is a fair chance to be the first triple Norm Smith Medallist. He will also be the first one to shove it down his jocks as soon as he wins it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
He will also be the first one to shove it down his jocks as soon as he wins it.
Didn't Figgy do that with his Normie many years ago?
Got a feeling he might have stuffed it sideways up his own clacker by accident though. He's been a miserable sour looking bastard ever since.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
It seems in a few articles this week that dusty has been elevated to the best player this decade, ahead of buddy and gaj. Clearly another dominant finals series has elevated his standing in the game.

Articles by Peter Ryan in the age and also in the mongrel punt.

We truly are blessed to have this guy playing for us. He has brought incredible joy and satisfaction after so many years of tiger supporter misery.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
It seems in a few articles this week that dusty has been elevated to the best player this decade, ahead of buddy and gaj. Clearly another dominant finals series has elevated his standing in the game.

We truly are blessed to have this guy playing for us. He has brought incredible joy and satisfaction after so many years of tiger supporter misery.
You obviously haven't seen Blobbo's top 50 of the decade or the fanboi's alternative response in today's Hun. Must be plenty of Tigers still just quietly contemplating our two flags instead of putting in their selections.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
You obviously haven't seen Blobbo's top 50 of the decade or the fanboi's alternative response in today's Hun. Must be plenty of Tigers still just quietly contemplating our two flags instead of putting in their selections.
I was referring to credible sources.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Best post of 2019 :clap1

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
[QUOTE="MB78, post: 2418950, member: 4864"
[/QUOTE]
Has anyone read the book on Dusty that’s appearing in stores?

thoughts, comments.....

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Haven't read it @Bernie , but heard it reported the other day as the biggest selling sports book in the country. .... mind you, that could have been Ralphs PR machine churning out some mayo!
Apparently there's as many words in the book, as Dustys list of sit down interviews.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley

thoughts, comments.....
[/QUOTE]
I have bought the book, but not read it yet.

From a quick glance, it won't take long to digest.

Where the Konrad Marshal book of 2017 was more down the lines of a "Gone With The Wind" type format (and a great read), The Dustin Martin book is more the format of "Green Eggs And Ham"! I do look forward to reading it though. Hopefully it's like Dusty himself, few words but high impact!

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Had a quick look - alot of pics and not many words. You get a great sense and understanding of Dusty and his upbringing. Sometimes less is more.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I lent my copy to a friend who just read it and he's written the following review of the book.

I hope it's helpful.

"My name Nikolai Sphinctakov.

When first i come to Australia my English did cause me problems to read books. In my Soviet Russia i was strong teacher, my english i know is the best in all of Petropavlovsk. My brother, Mikhail, he say to me, Nikolai you go to Australia, they make you rich like czar, take many woman as lover, kill many bear". My brother is very wise, is greatest gun maker in all of Russia. So next day i wake up, say goodbye to wife and children and go to Australia to become millionaire.
Then when in Australia i get depression which is for Russian very weak, like little boy. I have try to keep brave face like man, but no bear to kill except little fluffy ones in gum tree, but even this bear very vicious, bite me, my english which i think is very good, i cannot read book, very bad. I go home after i cannot kill little fluffy bear and smash my fist on table, and say some day i will be greatest man in all of Australia, all Australian kids will wish me their father.
This is when my friend give me book "Dustin Martin My Story So far". This book i can read. Very strong character this Dustin Martin, must be Russian genes i think in him.
We Russian we kill bear, dis Dustin Martin he kill Giants, and some crows too which not very big but have beak what can peck hard. Lots of pictures on his arms and legs like Russian Mafia figure, he is Russian Spetsnaz i think. Lots of pictures in book, he push them with his hand, down they fall on ground bam bam bam.
Now again i am happy, not depression like little boy.
Now today after this book i read, i kill some bear.
I sw thank you Dustin Martin"

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018

thoughts, comments.....
[/QUOTE]

It is more of a coffee table book from the early years up until just after the bye of 2019. Some great photos and well set out. If you are expecting a tell all story and that's the only reason you are buying it - forget it. It's an over 200 page pictorial history with snippets of commentary and quotes from Dustin himself as well as other family members, friends, teammates, media commentators, and the foreword is by Damien Hardwick. Personally I think it's a great book and so very suited to the first official installment in the Dustin Martin story.

If price is an issue most of the stores have their christmas sales at the moment with Target and Kmart selling it for $24.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
I was expecting the book to cover the 2019 Premiership and his second NS but disappointed that it did not. Perhaps at the bye the publishers didn't expect us to make the finals let alone win it or did they need a long lead time to get it printed and into the shops for early December? Who knows.