Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne

The bozo is annoying but mildly amusing. Skip the first couple of minutes and the rest is serious Dusty goodness.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Those responses are no different to mine watching him for ten years, that feeling of “what did I just see?” never goes away.

Not many players generate that feeling for this long. Blessed times to be a Tiger for so many reasons, Dusty is a major one.

Reactions: 3 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
I lent my copy to a friend who just read it and he's written the following review of the book.

I hope it's helpful.

"My name Nikolai Sphinctakov.

When first i come to Australia my English did cause me problems to read books. In my Soviet Russia i was strong teacher, my english i know is the best in all of Petropavlovsk. My brother, Mikhail, he say to me, Nikolai you go to Australia, they make you rich like czar, take many woman as lover, kill many bear". My brother is very wise, is greatest gun maker in all of Russia. So next day i wake up, say goodbye to wife and children and go to Australia to become millionaire.
Then when in Australia i get depression which is for Russian very weak, like little boy. I have try to keep brave face like man, but no bear to kill except little fluffy ones in gum tree, but even this bear very vicious, bite me, my english which i think is very good, i cannot read book, very bad. I go home after i cannot kill little fluffy bear and smash my fist on table, and say some day i will be greatest man in all of Australia, all Australian kids will wish me their father.
This is when my friend give me book "Dustin Martin My Story So far". This book i can read. Very strong character this Dustin Martin, must be Russian genes i think in him.
We Russian we kill bear, dis Dustin Martin he kill Giants, and some crows too which not very big but have beak what can peck hard. Lots of pictures on his arms and legs like Russian Mafia figure, he is Russian Spetsnaz i think. Lots of pictures in book, he push them with his hand, down they fall on ground bam bam bam.
Now again i am happy, not depression like little boy.
Now today after this book i read, i kill some bear.
I sw thank you Dustin Martin"
Sounds as if young Nikolai is assimilating well and adjusting to being a proud, passionate and productive Australian citizen.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
I lent my copy to a friend who just read it and he's written the following review of the book.

I hope it's helpful.

"My name Nikolai Sphinctakov.

When first i come to Australia my English did cause me problems to read books. In my Soviet Russia i was strong teacher, my english i know is the best in all of Petropavlovsk. My brother, Mikhail, he say to me, Nikolai you go to Australia, they make you rich like czar, take many woman as lover, kill many bear". My brother is very wise, is greatest gun maker in all of Russia. So next day i wake up, say goodbye to wife and children and go to Australia to become millionaire.
Then when in Australia i get depression which is for Russian very weak, like little boy. I have try to keep brave face like man, but no bear to kill except little fluffy ones in gum tree, but even this bear very vicious, bite me, my english which i think is very good, i cannot read book, very bad. I go home after i cannot kill little fluffy bear and smash my fist on table, and say some day i will be greatest man in all of Australia, all Australian kids will wish me their father.
This is when my friend give me book "Dustin Martin My Story So far". This book i can read. Very strong character this Dustin Martin, must be Russian genes i think in him.
We Russian we kill bear, dis Dustin Martin he kill Giants, and some crows too which not very big but have beak what can peck hard. Lots of pictures on his arms and legs like Russian Mafia figure, he is Russian Spetsnaz i think. Lots of pictures in book, he push them with his hand, down they fall on ground bam bam bam.
Now again i am happy, not depression like little boy.
Now today after this book i read, i kill some bear.
I sw thank you Dustin Martin"

Sphincta kov, nice play on words.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

The bozo is annoying but mildly amusing. Skip the first couple of minutes and the rest is serious Dusty goodness.
I cry everytime I watch those highlights. The best highlights of one man in one year ever. The amount of don't argues is insane.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Maybe. Serena is apparently a JW as well.

Didn’t realise you can apparently only be friends with fellow believers. ....

Maybe Alex converted his mates @ Tigerland and Dusty has 'jumped the fence'?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Didn’t realise you can apparently only be friends with fellow believers. ....

Maybe Alex converted his mates @ Tigerland and Dusty has 'jumped the fence'?

JW don’t celebrate birthdays, Christmas.