Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Aside from a table tennis friendly, Dusty would find it very hard to oppose his soul mate, Cotchy in any arena!

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I noticed that Shi(f)ta Sheehan has nominated his best ever no. 3 draft pick... gives the spiel on Dusty and Judd but you always know he's gonna pick Judd and yep, it's just an opinion.
Great player no doubt. Still reckon his one and only flag is possibly the most tainted ever and let's not forget his 2nd brownlow when he shoulda been rubbed out.

Let's hope Dusty's career keeps on rolling for another 5 years, and I reckon cardboard Chris will be but a distant memory!

Reactions: 7 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
I noticed that Shi(f)ta Sheehan has nominated his best ever no. 3 draft pick... gives the spiel on Dusty and Judd but you always know he's gonna pick Judd and yep, it's just an opinion.
Great player no doubt. Still reckon his one and only flag is possibly the most tainted ever and let's not forget his 2nd brownlow when he shoulda been rubbed out.

Let's hope Dusty's career keeps on rolling for another 5 years, and I reckon cardboard Chris will be but a distant memory!
Judd is already a distant memory. His scrawny missus is the only reason people remember him now.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

And Dusty’s got 2 Norm’s to Judd’s 1, and unlike Judd they’ve been in winning teams. I also think he’ll retire with more games in total, and even another Charlie.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Dusty's low standing among the games elites is due to his lack of selfishness. He needs to be more about Dusty to get more credit.

Reactions: 7 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
And Dusty’s got 2 Norm’s to Judd’s 1, and unlike Judd they’ve been in winning teams. I also think he’ll retire with more games in total, and even another Charlie.

If we play in more grand finals , he will go down as the greatest finals player ever , he is made for that stage ,

I might be wrong . but i cant see him winning more brownlows though , I think the week in week out high octane type game required takes too much out of him this stage of his career , i think they will deliberately manage his workload

Reactions: 3 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
If we play in more grand finals , he will go down as the greatest finals player ever , he is made for that stage ,

I might be wrong . but i cant see him winning more brownlows though , I think the week in week out high octane type game required takes too much out of him this stage of his career , i think they will deliberately manage his workload

Judging by his 2019 votes he was managed or just built his form over the year. One 3 vote in the first 8 rounds his only vote. Then 8 votes by the bye from 4 games. Then after the bye 5 x 3 votes from 9 games. Totalled 23 for the year. Fyfe won on 33 Dangerfield 27 and Cripps/Neal 26.

So even though a quiet year for Martin he still polls votes high enough to win in a lot of previous years. Another couple of 3 votes pre bye and he is second for 2019 and winning 2018

Suspension made him ineligible in 2019.

We are the best team in the comp and injuries cooled our winning way in the pre bye period last year. If we are up and about, with low injuries, we will be winning more games. Martin stays out of trouble I can see him polling enough votes to be at the top of the Brownlow count. It is then a matter of some of the other stars go in lower teams, like Fyfe or even Dangerfield now Kelly is not there to take votes off him

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Dusty's low standing among the games elites is due to his lack of selfishness.
There lies the main reason we've been so dominant the last three years. Not just Dusty but the whole team park their egos n share for the good of all.

• Love

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

And Dusty doesn't need to secretly dispose of brown paper bags

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Looking at Dusty compared to Judd, Gazza Junior, Andy McLeod and Adam Goodes probably 4 of the most celebrated players of the modern era.

Dusty so far has 1 Brownlow, 2 Premierships, 2 Norm Smiths and 3 AA guernseys (so far)

Gazza Jnr (we recognise as a true champ) has 2 Brownlows, 2 Premierships and 8 AA guernseys.

Judd has 2 Brownlows, 1 Premiership and 1 Norm Smith and 6 AA guernseys.

McLeod has 2 Premierships, 2 Norm Smiths and 5 AA guernseys.

Adam Goodes finished with 2 Brownlows, 2 Premierships and 4 x AA guernseys.

And Dusty still has 4-5 years left to play out and possibly add to his accolades.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Looking at Dusty compared to Judd, Gazza Junior, Andy McLeod and Adam Goodes probably 4 of the most celebrated players of the modern era.

Dusty so far has 1 Brownlow, 2 Premierships, 2 Norm Smiths and 3 AA guernseys (so far)

Gazza Jnr (we recognise as a true champ) has 2 Brownlows, 2 Premierships and 8 AA guernseys.

And Dusty still has 4-5 years left to play out and possibly add to his accolades.

So we should expect a decent finish and end up with 6 AA, 2 Brownlows, 3 Norm Smiths and 5 premierships

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Has put his hand up for State of Origin for charity game which is good to see.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Ayres, McLeod, Hodgey, Dusty. All well n good to win the midfielders Brownlow medal. All well n good to be a consistent very good player n win AA medals. I'm more than happy for Dusty to keep standing up in the biggest games of the season n win Normies in premiership years, he can pretty much do what he likes for the rest of the year.