Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Played his first game for us 10 years ago today apparently.

Not sure who cut this AFL package (clearly a Tiger fan) but it's a ripper & the absolute cream of Dusty. Well worth a watch.

Heck of a player. Hard to comprehend we may not see him play again this season..

Enjoy.
Not sure who is GOAT but very few would have a better 10 minute highlights reel. Especially considering most of those highlights are on the big stage and at critical times. Hopefully it will be a 20 minute reel by the end of his career. Long live the King!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Wowee! Great video, it really highlights how quick he is off the mark.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
My favourite Dusty moment is the first goal in the last qtr of the 2017 prelim against GWS. Dusty Dusty Dusty.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I loved the goal from the pocket against the Hawks, McAvaney calling said "Martin in an impossible position....oh.... no it's not, it's Dusty.

Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
After his first game Dusty said he thought he struggled with the fast pace of the seniors. That kind of honest reflection is another reason why he became a champion.

Some kids are like “yeah I thought I did alright, just lack a bit of fitness”

It’s hard to imagine how, but Dusty wasn’t born great. He worked for it.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
My favourite Dusty moment is the first goal in the last qtr of the 2017 prelim against GWS. Dusty Dusty Dusty.
Mine was 3rd quarter in the QF against Geelong in 2017 when he made AA Tom Stewart look like a bush reserves player. That passage of play still sends shivers down my spine. The roar when Prestia kicked the goal was other wordly.

In hindsight it was the moment that turned the match in our favour.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Mine was 3rd quarter in the QF against Geelong in 2017 when he made AA Tom Stewart look like a bush reserves player. That passage of play still sends shivers down my spine. The roar when Prestia kicked the goal was other wordly.

In hindsight it was the moment that turned the match in our favour.

that moment added words to me and my brothers sibling vocabulary

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What a great 10 minute highlight package.
I'm very biased, but I don't think any other player could better it. Some might be able to match it (I doubt it) but there'd be no one who could better it.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
What a great 10 minute highlight package.
I'm very biased, but I don't think any other player could better it. Some might be able to match it (I doubt it) but there'd be no one who could better it.
Besides Ablett Snr, can't think of any other player who would have a better highlights package

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I guess the AFL have been working on Dusty's Hall of Fame video highlights reel

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
BT calling him 'Mustin' during the 2017 QF against Geelong still makes me laugh.

Hard to believe he's only been All Australian 3 times. In the top 5 players in the history of our club imo.