Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
The club wouldn't play Dusty with broken ribs... would be negligent. Bruised ribs (significant enough) take time to heal, naturally he would be ginger and be consciously/unconsciously avoiding heavy traffic etc.

Yep I scored severe bruised ribs one game I played and it was painful for weeks. Couldn't walk, couldn't laugh, couldn't sneeze. If Dusty has rib issues he just shouldn't play. It's not a real season anyway.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Not dissimilar to start of last 2 seasons , going thru motions , could have fooled me he was out there

Yep, I remember similar comments early last year.

This year is different because, well, because it is 2020 and it is insane.

But Dusty seems to be building into a season these days and he is still an asset out there, just not as big an asset as we have become accustomed to enjoying.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
If I was the coach or a member of the selection committee I would be probably be pushing to play him, but bruised ribs are bloody awful. Hard to breathe and to move with any confidence in your body. His bash and crash game needs full fitness. Time for our hero to have a rest.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
I hope come Sunday they open up the forward line leaving Dusty on his own to run amok.

Reactions: 1 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I hope come Sunday they open up the forward line leaving Dusty on his own to run amok.
Asking too much at this stage. Need to keep him well away from Jacob when we play the Bombers. Bruised ribs can be six to eight weeks before fully recovered.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
If some really stupid club announced to the world that one of its players had a rib injury I would just assume that even a really stupid club was lying because not even a football club could be so stupid as to announce that.

Has anybody noticed how gullible, naive and forthright Neil Balme is? He should be in politics - he can only tell the truth.

If Dustin Martin has ribs it's for dinner.

The jumper went up. I didn't see any strapping. Did you? They should bandage the area if they're going to lie. You'd think they were inexperienced at lying. I blame Neil Balme for naive lying. Is he too old for this?

My guess? Lack of meniscus? Adductor? Feasible. Bulging disc? Mmmm. Discs? He can't kick with force. That's the clue.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Big rumour, he isnt keen on going into a hubba bubba...
More to come....
Zip reporting for PRE news.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
From the horse's mouth, 100% true Nankervis tackled him in the scratchie and damaged his ribs. Not to say there isn't something else but that part is absolutely true.

You sure Balme didn't have a gun to Martin's head demanding that's the story he gives?

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Balmy has white line fever. Teddy Bear off the field Grizzly Bear in the field of battle. Just love our Subiaco Superman. No coincidence that success has followed him around. (Except for coaching Demons).

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I don't think Martin is crippled. I think he's managed for pubic thingo or mildly degenerative whatsit. No power in the kicking because that lead sto rapid wear and tear. Preference for use by hand or short kicking. (Good.) BTW Cotchin only reached 30 as a footballer because of the way we managed him. It's good.

It's R5? We should still be managing all of our champions. Blooding youth. And winning the odd game. We're 1-1-2. Mip.

Martin has a niggle or two. Burge can even.

That's interesting, TBR. That scratchie must have been a while ago. Hmmm... Would it kill Nank to not maim people who can play?

Anyways we'll get to have a look at the Great Footballer soon.

There is nothing funnier than a football game in which Dustin Martin cannot hit a target. A game we're losing. Because that is an aberration and the forces of the universe will soon return to equilibrium. The universe.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users