Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Ralph Carr about to be interviewed on SEN for those with any interest. .... any manager of Dustin is a friend of mine!
He spoke very highly of the RFC. Has a great relationship with Hartley.

He said that Bolton isnt going anywhere!

And Adelaide and North both offered Martin $11m over 7 years during 2017. He said he talked Martin into staying with us because we are a better run club and more opportunity to make money later in his career. The turning point for Martin was the last H&A game in 2017 against St. Kilda when the Richmond supporters gave him a standing ovation.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
He spoke very highly of the RFC. Has a great relationship with Hartley.

He said that Bolton isnt going anywhere!

And Adelaide and North both offered Martin $11m over 7 years during 2017. He said he talked Martin into staying with us because we are a better run club and more opportunity to make money later in his career. The turning point for Martin was the last H&A game in 2017 against St. Kilda when the Richmond supporters gave him a standing ovation.

Was a very interesting interview, in Ralphy we trust, done a sensational job for Dusty but also responsible for keeping him at Richmond.
I will post the interview once podcast is up.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
In terms of Dusty's greatness. Who has dominated 3 finals series like Dusty has? Not just dominated but won games so emphatically and bossed every game. Every game.

I recall hazily Gary Ablett Snr in that amazing finals series and kicking 9 in a losing GF. But it was one series.

Darren Jarman had some special finals moments but nothing in the same league.

Ayres, Hodge and McLeod have two NS's, but not one of them came close to his dominating feats.

Anyone know what Lethal's actual records were in finals?

Kevin Bartlett? I vaguely know he dominated the 1980 finals series. Is he comparable?

Also need to keep him mind in the 90's and before you had full-forwards who kicked 100+ goals, and there was more room for individual goal-kicking brilliance.

I feel so bloody lucky to have experienced Dusty for over 10 years now, we really have been blessed.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Bartlett read the game so well, it is something you notice in great players. He was a wiry guy too but they would smack him down and he would just get up again.

Dusty reads it so well too, the timing he showed intercepting the handball to kick that goal on Saturday was great.

DS
My favourite goal.
For obvious reasons......

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
He so clearly knew Stanley had panicked and would handball to Danger so just ambled between them and received it. Stanley you poor bastard. Unfair.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He so clearly knew Stanley had panicked and would handball to Danger so just ambled between them and received it. Stanley you poor bastard. Unfair.
The lead up to Dusty's 4th goal was Stanley in a nutshell. Panicked and dropped an easy mark 15 metres out from our goal. The panicked again and gave it up to Dusty for the remarkable goal.

Bog average footballer is Stanley. I laughed and laughed when people brought up the fact that he and Rohan weren't playing when we beat them in round 17.

Reactions: 7 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The lead up to Dusty's 4th goal was Stanley in a nutshell. Panicked and dropped an easy mark 15 metres out from our goal. The panicked again and gave it up to Dusty for the remarkable goal.

Bog average footballer is Stanley. I laughed and laughed when people brought up the fact that he and Rohan weren't playing when we beat them in round 17.
Stanley is the anti-Nankervis. Did you notice Lynch and Riewoldt get stuck into him after Castagna wobbled through his goal?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Stanley is the anti-Nankervis. Did you notice Lynch and Riewoldt get stuck into him after Castagna wobbled through his goal?
Yeah I did see that. Anti-Nankervis is a great description. Anti-Soldo as well.

Dwayne Russell yesterday called Stanley a "fighter" o_O. Nearly drove off the road.

He is anything but.

• Haha

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
on the topic of Stanley - when Dusty pinged that goal , the goon was claiming touched .. :rolleyes:

• Haha

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Yeah I did see that. Anti-Nankervis is a great description. Anti-Soldo as well.

Dwayne Russell yesterday called Stanley a "fighter" o_O. Nearly drove off the road.

He is anything but.
Fighter? The bloke has a man bun.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
And retire with
400+ gamea
470 goals
6 norm smith
3 brownlows
7 time premiership player

will have a stand named after at mcg
And an oval named after him

and will retire with dimma having taking our club to 17 flags

You forgot the Colemans that he will win when stationed forward in the last 3 years of his career.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Now now boys. Poor old Stanley will feature in greatest goals of the 2000s clips for the next 20 years. And not in a good way.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
You're all assuming it was Stanley's idea to give the handball to Clangerflop. Clangerflop being Clangerflop, I wouldn't be surprised if Dusty knew where it was going because Clangerflop was shouting "Give it to me! Give it to me! I'm better than you and the cameras are watching so give it to me!"

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users