Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
You're all assuming it was Stanley's idea to give the handball to Clangerflop. Clangerflop being Clangerflop, I wouldn't be surprised if Dusty knew where it was going because Clangerflop was shouting "Give it to me! Give it to me! I'm better than you and the cameras are watching so give it to me!"

Dusty choosing not to tackle but rather to wait for the handball was genius.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
He was taking the *smile*
He was. He just ambled along at about 20% intensity. That was all he needed. He didn’t even need to get his hands dirty.

It looked like Stanley just placed the ball neatly in Dusty’s hands and got out of his way and Dangerfield just threw himself into the fence.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Here is Dangerfield explaining the technique he used to tackle Dusty when he was about to kick his fourth goal in the Grand Final.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
He was. He just ambled along at about 20% intensity. That was all he needed. He didn’t even need to get his hands dirty.

It looked like Stanley just placed the ball neatly in Dusty’s hands and got out of his way and Dangerfield just threw himself into the fence.
Yeah, by that stage as far as Dusty was concerned, it was party time. The way he took the ball off Stanley’s hands, brushed Dangerfield aside and left him on the ground looking stupid, then kicked a remarkable goal was just so beautiful that it brought tears to the eyes.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
He so clearly knew Stanley had panicked and would handball to Danger so just ambled between them and received it. Stanley you poor bastard. Unfair.
No way! Stanley dropped the mark which was uncontested. Even dangerfield couldn't help him. dangerfield was stuff, he had no run left and trying to get cheap kicks in the backline for the last 5 minutes.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Didn't Stanley go for the ball with clenched fists? I need to watch the game again but I remember watching it live and wondering why he was punching the ball away when he could have and should have simply marked the ball.

DS

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
There’s a poster on the roar who has the answer: tackle Dusty. He somehow seems not to realise that if it was truly that simple it would have been done. I bet Chris Scott read that and was face palming himself, thinking why didn’t I just tell them to tackle Dusty? Bwahahaha!

• Haha

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Having watched that 4th goal about 74,000 times now, one of the random thoughts that popped into my head was how ridiculous it would be to do motorbike hands, or a bow and arrow after something like that.

You can't fabricate greatness.

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
There’s a poster on the roar who has the answer: tackle Dusty. He somehow seems not to realise that if it was truly that simple it would have been done. I bet Chris Scott read that and was face palming himself, thinking why didn’t I just tell them to tackle Dusty? Bwahahaha!
David King will go anywhere for an audience on his theories to stop Dusty

• Haha

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Now now boys. Poor old Stanley will feature in greatest goals of the 2000s clips for the next 20 years. And not in a good way.
Yep, not often a bloke *smile* up twice in 10 seconds in the same passage of play.
First drops a simple uncontested mark, then gives the ball to Dusty.

Reactions: 5 users

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
on the topic of Stanley - when Dusty pinged that goal , the goon was claiming touched .. :rolleyes:

So did Menegola when Bolton took the mark in the pocket in the 3rd Quarter and subsequently passed it to Lambert for a goal.

Bunch of whingeing, moaning, staging players.

They will try anything to get a free kick. Lucky the umpires didnt fall for it.

Reactions: 7 users

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
So did Menegola when Bolton took the mark in the pocket in the 3rd Quarter and subsequently passed it to Lambert for a goal.

Bunch of whingeing, moaning, staging players.

They will try anything to get a free kick. Lucky the umpires didnt fall for it.
Yep. Menegola was too busy whinging to the ump instead of manning the mark. Hodge noticed it as well.

Reactions: 4 users

The Kop

Tiger Cub
Jul 15, 2012
Current bid on his GF jumper is 30k. Probably not a bad investment...unless he wins a fourth Normie.
I suspect it will end up going for $50k plus once the pointy end of the bidding comes around - having bid on a few in the past the heavy weights don’t enter until the 11th hour. I am not one of the heavy weights, have tried going toe to toe on a few and have walked away with my tail between my legs.