Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Given some of the comparisons, I went back & watch some old Leigh Matthews highlights.
Was an incredible player Leigh. Arguably the greatest.
Whilst hard to compare eras, the main comparison with Dusty is the strength & power through the hips.
Also acceleration at the crucial moment & incredible footy nous.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Given some of the comparisons, I went back & watch some old Leigh Matthews highlights.
Was an incredible player Leigh. Arguably the greatest.
Whilst hard to compare eras, the main comparison with Dusty is the strength & power through the hips.
Also acceleration at the crucial moment & incredible footy nous.

Lethal also had a finals record statistically superior to Dusty (lethal was pre-norm smith. I wonder how many he'd have won?)

over twice as many finals played.

I've witnessed Dusty, so he's my best and always will be.

But objectively, I think hes probably still behind Lethal and KB

for now

or maybe Im occupying Big Richo's turf, and I should stick to wonton partiality?

yeah. Dusty is the greatest to ever walk the Earth, across all art forms. Maradona, Madonna, DiMaggio, Michelangelo can all get *smile*

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Lethal also had a finals record statistically superior to Dusty (lethal was pre-norm smith. I wonder how many he'd have won?)

over twice as many finals played.

I've witnessed Dusty, so he's my best and always will be.

But objectively, I think hes probably still behind Lethal and KB

for now

or maybe Im occupying Big Richo's turf, and I should stick to wonton partiality?

yeah. Dusty is the greatest to ever walk the Earth, across all art forms. Maradona, Madonna, DiMaggio, Michelangelo can all get *smile*

basic statistical analysis is unfair to dusty

Check out his stats on % of total goals kicked, and his record is as good if not better than Matthews

Also 3 norms and 3 leigh Matthews medals is something that will not be beaten ever.... and he hasn't finished yet

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Check out his stats on % of total goals kicked, and his record is as good if not better than Matthews

Also 3 norms and 3 leigh Matthews medals is something that will not be beaten ever.... and he hasn't finished yet

yeah bruce said something about Dustys goal:behind ratio in finals in the 2020 gf commentary.

I can't remember it but it was astonishing, but it didn't sound like enough goals (maybe he said 17:2?)

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
yeah bruce said something about Dustys goal:behind ratio in finals in the 2020 gf commentary.

I can't remember it but it was astonishing, but it didn't sound like enough goals (maybe he said 17:2?)

thats true but I am talking about dusty's goals as a% of total goals scored in the whole game., for both sides.

Not sure anyone has ever kicked a larger % of total goals in WINNING finals and WINNING Grand Finals in the last 50 years

Dusty stands head and shoulders above his peers

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
can anyone provide Dustys finals goals:behinds ratio?

I think he's going at near 90%?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Yes ezy wonton partiality is definitely your one wood; you do it better than anyone else so never change!

Leave the impartial stuff to TBR and antman :mhihi :mhihi

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yes ezy wonton partiality is definitely your one wood; you do it better than anyone else so never change!

Leave the impartial stuff to TBR and antman :mhihi :mhihi

thanks riddles. I am very partial to a wonton.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

Correct.
Ask Leigh how many Norms or Dustin Martin medals he’s ever won??

• Haha

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Bloody oath - pretty sure Leigh Mathews didn't win any Leigh Mathews medals