Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Til the end of time players from here on are going to be compared with the great man.
There will never be another like him though.
That's why Scumwood is in the position they are. They needed to salary dump because the think Degoey is Dusty MKII :rotfl2 :rotfl2

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
So in other words, Dusty will be awarded his own medal?

I've no problem with that.
Dusty can do it all.
Dusty to also present it to himself.
I’d love to hear the acceptance speech.
Dusty: It feels surreal. Let’s Go!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013

Just found this version of THAT goal (without the stupid text across the screen). :D

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
That's why Scumwood is in the position they are. They needed to salary dump because the think Degoey
So the Filth need to salary dump because of Degoey......I just checked my thesaurus, Degoey is a synonym for a dump:mhihi

Reactions: 1 user

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
thats true but I am talking about dusty's goals as a% of total goals scored in the whole game., for both sides.

Not sure anyone has ever kicked a larger % of total goals in WINNING finals and WINNING Grand Finals in the last 50 years

Dusty stands head and shoulders above his peers
How about 8 goals out of 18 Final 1 (nearly 50%), 6 out of 11 Final 2 (over 50%) and 7 out of 23 Final 3 (GF) (over 30%)

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Just found this version of THAT goal (without the stupid text across the screen). :D
Was watching it in slow mo lastnight and pausing it at various points. .... everytime I found a different reaction from someone in the crowd, with obviously the bloke in the pies jumper being a pretty funny one.

Also when they go to the ground level footage, there's a guy in a Richmond guernsey who stands up as if he knows Dustin is gonna do what he does..... and then he does!

Check out the kid about 3 rows back and he must be right in the middle of the goals.... he's doing the Chris Scott mouth wide open arcade clown impersonation. ... priceless.

I've decided when I organize my own send off, I'm telling the funeral director to start off with the boring solemn stuff of my ordinary life... then I want a jammed pack 15 minute package of Dustin Martin highlights with this being the final act, and with me digitally inserted in the crowd right on the fence.

Surely I get to rest peacefully after that!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
yeah theres a coastal taipan down here very rarely seen by anyone other than cane farmers.

it looked more fine taipan than muscly brown to me.

plus green tree snake's would have gone to Geelongs breakfast.

I still cant believe Dusty milked it into his footy boots and imbibed the venom through his feet

it explains all the boot changes, and him peaking off his face, like Jim Morrison, in the last 2 minutes
Ezy, Did you notice Dusty doing the Daniel Riccardo 'Shoey' at each boot change? ;)

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I've decided when I organize my own send off, I'm telling the funeral director to start off with the boring solemn stuff of my ordinary life... then I want a jammed pack 15 minute package of Dustin Martin highlights with this being the final act, and with me digitally inserted in the crowd right on the fence.

Surely I get to rest peacefully after that!
If the funeral director says that's an unusual request, just say to him..... don't argue.

• Love
  • Haha

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
I love the picture that's going around on the AFL website. Dustin getting rid of dangerfield prior kicking for goals.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I love the picture that's going around on the AFL website. Dustin getting rid of dangerfield prior kicking for goals.

hocking says he want to legislate and create time and space for more 'Dustin Martin Moments'

as if Dusty needs any help.

and as if rule tweeks are going to facilitate greg-brian myers simulating any Dustin Martin moments?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Nearly every player when asked what was their favorite Grand Final moment said that Dusty goal, was it the goal or seeing him shrug Danger and leaving him sprawled on the turf that made it so joyous?

Reactions: 4 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Nearly every player when asked what was their favorite Grand Final moment said that Dusty goal, was it the goal or seeing him shrug Danger and leaving him sprawled on the turf that made it so joyous?
Multiple choice Caesar?
(C) All of the above
:cupgold :gotiges

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
hocking says he want to legislate and create time and space for more 'Dustin Martin Moments'

as if Dusty needs any help.

and as if rule tweeks are going to facilitate greg-brian myers simulating any Dustin Martin moments?

It shows a profound misunderstanding of the game to think Dusty moments are special because they're done in time and space.

There's a reason AFLX was boring garbage.

If there's no congestion, it's just a training drill.

Reactions: 12 users