Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
all this Carr rubbish doesn't put me at ease with Bolton needing a new deal. My impression of Carr is he will happily sell to the highest bidder not matter what is best for his client. Don't think Bolton's signature will be easy.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
all this Carr rubbish doesn't put me at ease with Bolton needing a new deal. My impression of Carr is he will happily sell to the highest bidder not matter what is best for his client. Don't think Bolton's signature will be easy.

That said, BT, Martin did turn down quite a bit of money on offer from North Melbourne that was well over what was being offered by RFC at the time he re-signed in 2017.
I doubt Martin is particularly bothered/affected by Carr's comments at this point in time ... reckon he's just making some noise on behalf of his client, but probably mainly for himself.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What would a contracted Dusty be worth in 2yrs time?
In 2 years time he might be delist material.
Don't worry what Carr wants, he is chasing the extra cash.
Dusty could possibly play to 40.
But a football career can end very quickly.
Look at fuddy buddy. That has ruin Sydney. He is on a million plus, they can't recruit anyone and have lost a million players to other clubs because of the Franklin deal.
Dusty stayed at Richmond for less because of the friendships he has and just to be in the same forward line as castagna is another big catch to stay.

Reactions: 2 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Dusty has made more $$$$$$ by staying at Richmond than what he would have made at Norf.

And, he's now got 3 cups and 3 medals!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
This wasn't a Carr initiated story was it? I thought some scribe made up a hypothetical to fill column inches and then reached out for Carr to comment on said hypothetical. Carr, being who and what he is, was never going to miss a gift wrapped opportunity to put mystique into one of his stable's biggest names.

Absolutely nothing in it.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Nah.... his brother, which i believe he's only got the one, is named Mark and along with Dr Turf owns a very large chunk of SEN.... and a *smile* load of carparks. Used to be on the board at the dees too iirc.

Thats correct.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Carr would have argued that Dusty shouldn't have to cop the 5% reduction that was being applied across the board - no doubt this is his pissy response to being told by Benny and Blair to take a hike. Players got off very light at 5% given our soft cap got a 35% cut.

We've bent over backwards to accommodate the merkin yet he continues to undermine the club when it suits him.

Last edited:

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
That hadn’t been his form previously, last time Bolton was out of contract he was in the vfl with a wc contract in front of him .not to mention the number of re signings with dusty ,,,,and you were saying

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Agree Carts.

Carr looking for an extra 3 years.

Martin will be Tiger for life. It’s just a matter of how long?
Dusty and Cotchin will continue together. once Cotchin goes (maybe end of 2022) it will be a different situation. I'm hopeful we can win one or two more premierships during this time. If Dusty wants to leave then, it's ok with me. He has done his bit for the club, leaving for swans will be first round compensation pick, this will aid.

Last edited:

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Check out Dusty's last goal in the GF. The motion of turning/pivoting and shaking off Flopperfield was all done while remaining on the balls of his feet.

TBR tells us the Dusty sux at all other sports but maybe he has a career post football as a dancer :cool:

Just get a more competent dance partner, Dusty. That clown just keeps falling over :D

• Haha

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Check out Dusty's last goal in the GF. The motion of turning/pivoting and shaking off Flopperfield was all done while remaining on the balls of his feet.

TBR tells us the Dusty sux at all other sports but maybe he has a career post football as a dancer :cool:

Just get a more competent dance partner, Dusty. That clown just keeps falling over :D

Dangerflog said he wanted to make his mark in the Grand Final.
....and he did!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
From what I saw last night, injury gods notwithstanding, Dusty has the Brownlow at his mercy. Was sprinting around like a teenage gazelle. Obviously uber fit. Umps love him apparently.

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
One thing I noticed about Martin last night was his enthusiasm to make sure he got over to a teammate at every opportunity whether it be for a goal kicked or a smother.

Spiritual Leader!

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
One thing I noticed about Martin last night was his enthusiasm to make sure he got over to a teammate at every opportunity whether it be for a goal kicked or a smother.

Spiritual Leader!

And his pressure on opponents by chasing and even tackling at times looked better than ever

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
And just again, we hardly ever see him going full bore. At truly top clip our Dusty is quick. Not pacey. Flat out fast.