Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Got the Dusty collectable bobblehead for my birthday from the kids. Doesn't look like him unfortunately.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
'Unnecessary assists' might cost us a goal once in a while, but they also foster confidence in teammates and encourage a culture of selflessness. It's impossible to measure how many goals we score from the added confidence and culture of selflessness.

Jack must feel pretty good sitting on 8 goals and 2nd in the Coleman.

Agree 100%. For example, Shai Bolton passed it off in a tight Grand Final, but in a different system he might’ve been encouraged to take a shot from the boundary.

The commentators love to highlight it when it doesn’t come off - but there’s a similar or higher chance the kicker will miss it himself anyway.

It’s a competitive advantage, but one of those ones that feels worse than it is. There are moments in games that feel like huge mistakes, but they’re not. Dimma is very reasonable about those moments IMO.
The bonus of all those goal assist efforts is that oppo defences don't know who or when it's going to happen. Means they can't let down for a moment during games and it opens us up to having eight to ten goal scorers on a regular basis.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He took the *smile* tonight. He was like a cat playing with a wounded mouse.

Reactions: 3 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Correct. Its very very hard to find someone good enough, athletic enough and tall enough to man Dusty up.

Find me someone who is taller than Dusty, as quick and agile as him and then we can talk. The only way to stop him is to hold and hopefully the umps will then be looking.

Amazingly enough I was involved in a discussion like this about a week ago. I was the only Tiger supporter, the other chaps were Eagles and Dockers.

The general consensus was that there is only one player we could come up with who might match up on Dusty, and they great news is that player plays for us already.

We thought Noah Balta.

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Yes let’s do it for the great man and destroy the Demon pretenders.
Ironic that his 250th is going to be played against the team that elected not to draft him. Twice. Maybe our banner should say "Thanks Melbourne, from everyone at Tigerland"

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Ironic that his 250th is going to be played against the team that elected not to draft him. Twice. Maybe our banner should say "Thanks Melbourne, from everyone at Tigerland"
Slight adjustment BP

Scully and Trengove, Seriously?
Thanks Melbourne, from everyone at Tigerland. :))

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Not enough is being made so far this week of the great mans achievement.

He should have been front & back of every paper this week and his highlights on TV 24-7.

Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

I’ve said it once, and I’ll repeat it again, his legacy will be his unselfishness, being totally team orientated and only ever focused on winning games of football.

For someone of his ability and accolades, it’s astonishing how little he cares about the individual stuff.

Reactions: 11 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Will be forever grateful that Dustin Martin was the primary figure in our club’s revival over the past ten years including 3 flags I never thought I’d live to see. Whatever happens from here is a bonus but will just love watching Dusty play for as long as he’s able.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users