Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Such a rort that he was not AA in 2019.

Its absurd that Paddy Diverwhack is an 8 x All Australian and Dusty is only 4 time. No one would pick PD over Dusty in their team.

Mind you, i reckon AA is rather lame anyway, but decisions like this make it even more so.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I remember quite well the Demon fans saying that even though Dusty was a better kick, that Trengove and Scully were better decision makers and that they would each be better as a result.
They did both leave Melbourne, that proved a good decision.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The 2017 highlights package is worthy of 15 seasons worth of work. It’s all you need to know.

Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I’ve said it once, and I’ll repeat it again, his legacy will be his unselfishness, being totally team orientated and only ever focused on winning games of football.

For someone of his ability and accolades, it’s astonishing how little he cares about the individual stuff.
It’s that reason that makes him so good and why we’ve won 3 Premierships. He plays the complete team game, whereas someone like Dangerfield plays for himself.

Reactions: 5 users

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
"I'm looking at him from an outsider's perspective and thinking he's going to turn into a waddler," Brereton said on radio station SEN.
"He might still be a very good player, but he'll have to be a very good inside player."
"His currency right now, in relative terms to the market, is as good as it's ever going to be."

- D.Brereton, May 2010.

#neverforget

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
"I'm looking at him from an outsider's perspective and thinking he's going to turn into a waddler," Brereton said on radio station SEN.
"He might still be a very good player, but he'll have to be a very good inside player."
"His currency right now, in relative terms to the market, is as good as it's ever going to be."

- D.Brereton, May 2010.

#neverforget
That's in a photo finish with the IBM bloke in 1965 or something .... The world has all the computers it needs now.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
That's in a photo finish with the IBM bloke in 1965 or something .... The world has all the computers it needs now.
I'm in IT and there was some doofus in the early 90s who predicted that the last mainframe would be switched off before the end of 1996.
They are still going strong.

That comment from Brereton about Martin's market value ... I remember him saying it, but was it really that early?
2010 was his first year. On May 28, Martin had played eight career games and was yet to play in a win.

Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I'm in IT and there was some doofus in the early 90s who predicted that the last mainframe would be switched off before the end of 1996.
They are still going strong.

That comment from Brereton about Martin's market value ... I remember him saying it, but was it really that early?
2010 was his first year. On May 28, Martin had played eight career games and was yet to play in a win.
Yep it was that early in his career, lol. It was about taking the cash and making a run for it, but he should never have used the word 'waddler' on Dusty.

I mean what word would he use for Relton Roberts who we unleashed on the footy world also in 2010.... :(

"May 28, 2010 8:55AM

Last edited:

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
1619127893067.png
Dusty when he was 12.
Not sure how he ever made it after slacking off every weekend like that

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013

Thanks TBV, good interview.

As a past chair of a Chamber of Commerce in Asia (obviously different to AFL Chair), i found it interesting he acknowledged many people at RFC but didn't mention Peggy...

Gary from all accounts is a ripping bloke and he by his own words employed the vast majority of those still around today that built and contributed to our recent success, should be more widely thanked and celebrated imo.

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
250 games for a legend of the game.
Best player ive seen in over 45 years ive watching the game.
His impact in big games will never be surpassed.
Congratulations

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users