Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Hardwick is on record as saying those around him allow Dusty to be the player he is. They didn't enable him tonight. Got it enough times but no space to work in and few targets presenting.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Don’t underestimate the influence of concussion. Rarely does anyone come back during the next time they play.

Reactions: 5 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Had 14 possessions to half time and 17 at 3/4 time. Not sure what he ended up with but I thought he had very little influence on the game. Disposal was scrappy. And yes he should just kick the goals when they are there to be kicked. That handball to the under pressure team mate was not a good option.

With all these midfield injuries we need beast mode Dusty back.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Had 14 possessions to half time and 17 at 3/4 time. Not sure what he ended up with but I thought he had very little influence on the game. Disposal was scrappy. And yes he should just kick the goals when they are there to be kicked. That handball to the under pressure team mate was not a good option.

With all these midfield injuries we need beast mode Dusty back.
In the words of Gerard Healy
Im giving Dusty a Mullagan

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think Dusty has a weakness.

intermittent poor decision making in front of goal.

its a tiny weakness, but its a weakness.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I think Dusty has a weakness.

intermittent poor decision making in front of goal.

its a tiny weakness, but its a weakness.
It seems to be derived from his mission to make other players look better.
As desirable as that is making the scoreboard look better should be his first option, each and every time.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
As desirable as that is making the scoreboard look better should be his first option, each and every time.

I reckon Jake Aarts must bring him a coffee with tiki art on top every training session?

• Haha

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Given a bath and after a week off absolutely no excuses
He had a concussion. Research has shown 12 days is the absolute minimum for recovery.

He started well but then none of our guys could get it out the middle. He worked hard and chased hard. Was never spotted up on a single lead inside the forward line.

Didn't play well that's for sure.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Don’t underestimate the influence of concussion. Rarely does anyone come back during the next time they play.

Yep, research with computer tests suggest noticeable effects last a month, and minor negligible effects last 12 months.

It’s a curve of recovery with a long tail

McIntosh the same, he was in ripping form before his concussion

I think the 12 days thing is purely an arbitrary AFL number to avoid serious consequences of repeated knocks just a few days later to protect themselves legally, it has nothing to do with the performance aspect of recovery.

Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016

It’s only a problem when teammates don’t reciprocate IMO.

Someone burned Dusty and it cost us a goal, so it goes both ways. If his teammate shared it back, we would’ve gained a goal that we didn’t get...

I reckon if we could break it down statistically we’d find it’s an area influenced by how we remember it. The missed cost of selflessness is more memorable than the missed cost of burning a teammate

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think it is a whole team weakness. We torch a lot of goals by overusing the ball up forward.

It's like all this stuff about being connected and playing your role and celebrating each others success has morphed into I must be selfless at every moment and always share the ball.

Needs a tweak back the other way, be a Richmond man and take responsibility to finish the team's work.

yep.

maybe some

'taking responsibility 10m from goal is mindful connected team-love gratitude selflessness story telling too'

bumper stickers for the boys jeeps, or fridge magnets

just as a daily reminder

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
Hasn't won a Norm Smith since last year! Trade bait time I reckon.

• Haha