Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Looked like both were trying to bump from what I saw. Quick bit of play and, as someone above said, the fact that Dustin had the ball and was trying to simultaneously bump and dispose to advantage meant he was less able to protect himself. He would do this sort of thing many times in a season so the injury really was bad luck. While watching it I thought Robinson would be the one in trouble.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Dusty has the ball
Robinson had no intention to tackle and without bias he elected to deliver a bump with intent to hurt… he *smile* lined him up.
We know the result, how is the bump adhering to the duty of care?
You make a very good point.
The vision clearly shows MR looking towards the umpire before and during impact which means he had no eyes for the ball. The fact that he elected to bump and caused injury should at least be discussed. But of course it wasn’t
I’d hate for the bump to be taken out of our game however I hate it even more when our players get given frees against or even suspended but the opposition don’t!!

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Cant have it both ways.

Towner, Nank, Stack, Marlon and others are lauded for their ferocious tackles and ability to hurt the opposition.

Reactions: 10 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Cant have it both ways.

Towner, Nank, Stack, Marlon and others are lauded for their ferocious tackles and ability to hurt the opposition.

thats it.

If Naish happened to put Petracca in hospital, within the rules,

we'd all be giving him 5 votes.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Looked like both were trying to bump from what I saw. Quick bit of play and, as someone above said, the fact that Dustin had the ball and was trying to simultaneously bump and dispose to advantage meant he was less able to protect himself. He would do this sort of thing many times in a season so the injury really was bad luck. While watching it I thought Robinson would be the one in trouble.

DS
I would of far more accepting if the ball was in dispute, but Dusty has the ball already, there was no tackle or attempt, the guy just rammed in with a bump, his action was he chose "to bump"..... I know its quick and I know its play on, but if the players have to show duty of care for bunps (concussion) how the *smile* is not being talked about.
I can promise u this if mitch robinson was Nank/Lynch and Dusty Neale...... straight to tribual.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Cant have it both ways.

Remind me what Marlion got suspended for again?
I have a selective memory.
Incidental contact above the shoulder. No malicious intent nor damage done

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Fair bump, play on. An unfortunate injury but it is the game.
If the AFL make it anything else they might as well pull the plug.

Reactions: 5 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I would of far more accepting if the ball was in dispute, but Dusty has the ball already, there was no tackle or attempt, the guy just rammed in with a bump, his action was he chose "to bump"..... I know its quick and I know its play on, but if the players have to show duty of care for bunps (concussion) how the *smile* is not being talked about.
I can promise u this if mitch robinson was Nank/Lynch and Dusty Neale...... straight to tribual.

But you can choose to bump - it’s perfectly legal unless you get the person high or in the back or off the ball.

If Robbo missed timed it and got Dusty high - yes its illegal but nothing wrong with the good old fashion shirt front.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

LOL... no.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Fair bump, play on. An unfortunate injury but it is the game.
If the AFL make it anything else they might as well pull the plug.
As fair as a bump can be from someone with a mixture of psychological and coordination problems.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK

DS
That act could happen a dozen times and the worse thing to happen would be someone winded. Someone must have upset our injury gods! This is a bit like Soldo's injury. Admittedly Balta was fouled but unfortunate fate that his knee hit the right (wrong) spot in Soldo's knee

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
That act could happen a dozen times and the worse thing to happen would be someone winded. Someone must have upset our injury gods! This is a bit like Soldo's injury. Admittedly Balta was fouled but unfortunate fate that his knee hit the right (wrong) spot in Soldo's knee
agree - the injury gods are messing with us this season. difficult to see how you lacerate a kidney from that incident. especially to a bull like dusty.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The irony that the most dangerous tackle sees no free kick to us & our best player out for the season.:(
Yeah and a further irony is that 2 Richmond players get fined for “dangerous tackles” where no one got injured yet Dusty gets injured for 3 months from a ”non dangerous bump”.

So a fine for not injuring someone but no fine for injuring someone.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
clutching at straws if we think that was a fine or a suspension. nothing in it. very unlucky to get kidney damage from that incident.

Reactions: 10 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah and a further irony is that 2 Richmond players get fined for “dangerous tackles” where no one got injured yet Dusty gets injured for 3 months from a ”non dangerous bump”.

So a fine for not injuring someone but no fine for injuring someone.
Yes, but ours had the "potential" to cause injury.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
clutching at straws if we think that was a fine or a suspension. nothing in it. very unlucky to get kidney damage from that incident.
Not suggesting Robinson be fined or suspended just pointing out the anomalies.