Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
No idea but Matt Turnbull who was their High Performance head quit mid year and they have just employed Kevin White from Collingwood so it wouldn't be unusual for him to bring in his own team.

North had a terrible injury run last year and that tends to cost lots of jobs.

Adelaide will do something similar I'm tipping.

Weird move for North. Collingwood's injury history has been terrible for years.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
On the topic of Dusty and GOAT comparisons. Did anyone else see Wayne Carey's list of best 20 players he's seen?

Dusty at number 15 below the likes of Buckley, Ricciuto, Harvey, Goodes McLeod etc etc

Sorry Wayne, those guys are good players but haven't delivered what Dusty has on the games biggest stages. Dusty's sheer impact on success craps all over these guys

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
From last year. Reckon Dusty moved up a few notches after April 2020.

Carey never makes any apologies for his opinions, and his list is heavily slanted towards his playing era. I'd have Dusty much higher but at least he gave Richo a mention, and ahead of Ablett jnr at that. Dangerfield and Fyfe not in the frame.

No Stynes/Wanganeen/McKenna/Lynch/Lloyd/Jarman/McIntosh/Scarlett/B.Harvey/Cousins/Kerr/Tredrea/Pavlich/Riewoldt(s)/Swan/Selwood/Mitchell. More the flashier types.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
On the topic of Dusty and GOAT comparisons. Did anyone else see Wayne Carey's list of best 20 players he's seen?

Dusty at number 15 below the likes of Buckley, Ricciuto, Harvey, Goodes McLeod etc etc

Sorry Wayne, those guys are good players but haven't delivered what Dusty has on the games biggest stages. Dusty's sheer impact on success craps all over these guys
You missed - James Hird at No.3 !? :vomit

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
No idea but Matt Turnbull who was their High Performance head quit mid year and they have just employed Kevin White from Collingwood so it wouldn't be unusual for him to bring in his own team.

North had a terrible injury run last year and that tends to cost lots of jobs.

Adelaide will do something similar I'm tipping.

I read somewhere that Burgess was leaving Melbourne to go to Adelaide as fitness coach.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

No one would have bothered reading his article if he hadn’t rated Dusty 15th instead in his rightful position as top 3.
Infuriated Richmond supporters and satisfied the anti Richmond throngs.
Both guaranteed clickbate.

Reactions: 2 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
My boys are 18 & 24, what I have learnt is what was cool in the 70's & 80' is not cool now......except of course the remix of Rasputin from Boney M..... thats cool :cool:
Boney M reminds me of when I was a kid. Wondering why my dad was so happy, dancing and smoking when he drinks beer. Happy days.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
don’t let him get away with that *smile*!
Have been called a lot worse (by others). Anyway if a Boomer means that you're rubbish with technology I can live with that. Couldn't give a *smile* about it most of the time :mhihi

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Richmond superstar Dustin Martin is on a delicate weight regain mission after losing as much as 10kg in the wake of his season-ending kidney injury.
News Corp can reveal Martin dropped from 91kg to about 81kg in the weeks after the bone-crunching collision with Brisbane Lions’ Mitch Robinson that lacerated his kidney.

Martin, 30, spent nine days in a Gold Coast hospital and was on a fruit-only cleansing diet for about two weeks to help with his recovery.

Fruit diets are a common technique used to treat kidney trauma and help re-cleanse the body.

But it stripped 10kg of muscle and bulk from the three-time Norm Smith medallist, who recently resumed light running and will make a full recovery in time for pre-season.

Martin is certain to play in Round 1 against Carlton in the traditional MCG season-opener.

Tigers’ medicos are pleased with Martin’s progress so far and are confident he will be back to his best by the start of the new season.

However, it misunderstood Martin, who is meticulous in his preparation and training, is considering unveiling a slightly lighter frame for the 2022 season.

Martin has discussed being one or two kilograms below his standard playing weight.

He is widely considered the most powerful midfielder in the competition but the lighter figure could help bolster his speed and running power for the new season as the Tigers try and re-enter the eight in 2022 and shoot for a fourth flag in six seasons.

While Martin has already regained about two kilograms, he has been warned against piling on too much weight back on too quickly.

Richmond’s medical team and strength and conditioning staff are supporting their champion through a steady comeback to full fitness.

Athletes who suffer kidney injuries must avoid contact training for several months.

Martin’s match simulation training is expected to ramp up after Christmas but he will be fine to increase his running, cross training and ball work in the coming weeks.

Martin has been incredibly durable throughout his glittering career, playing at least 20 games in each of his first 11 seasons.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick said it burned Martin to miss out on the second half of the season as Richmond missed the finals for the first time in five years.

But the Tigers’ premiership coach said the club was confident Martin would make a full recovery from the severe injury.

“He’s a very strong lad, Dustin, as you can imagine, but he’s certainly a lot sorer than he thought he would be,” Hardwick said.

“It’s a significant injury, which is why he won’t play football for the remainder of the year, but he’s in good spirits.

“The one thing that I will say about Dustin is mentally he handles these things very well.

“He does a lot of work in that space, so he‘s in as good a place as he can be at present.”

Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Dusty is still not in great shape.
Lost 11kg and our fitness guru said he didn’t recognise him.
Not allowed to train till end of the year.
Won’t be playing finals either.
August 21st.
Sorry TBR but you’re still behind me and Zips for breaking the big stories

Reactions: 1 users