Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Bearing in mind I'm still needing to walk backwards, nude, to Perth when the borders open (Vote McGowan indefinitely please WA!) due to a misfired prediction, I am really looking forward to Dustin's season in 2022.

Courtesy of a 15kg forced weight loss, he will likely play significantly lighter this year which is something a number of us have felt is the right move for a while now.

He's refreshed, healthy and has a long run-up at preseason and is absolutely raging to get back out there. No overseas trips or flag celebrations have given him lots of time to think footy and he is as locked and loaded on a season as I've ever seen.

I really think he can turn the clock back to 2017 and have a history changing season.
Totally agree TBR, and not just Duz. The whole team.

2021 was like constipation...... and we finally let it out. Now we're hungry again....

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I reckon if we are capable of snagging a quality mid in the draft Dusty will be our number 1 key forward.
Good luck stopping him one out.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Bearing in mind I'm still needing to walk backwards, nude, to Perth when the borders open (Vote McGowan indefinitely please WA!) due to a misfired prediction, I am really looking forward to Dustin's season in 2022.

Courtesy of a 15kg forced weight loss, he will likely play significantly lighter this year which is something a number of us have felt is the right move for a while now.

He's refreshed, healthy and has a long run-up at preseason and is absolutely raging to get back out there. No overseas trips or flag celebrations have given him lots of time to think footy and he is as locked and loaded on a season as I've ever seen.

I really think he can turn the clock back to 2017 and have a history changing season.
He'd be looking at around getting at least 10 kg of that back on I reckon at a minimum what ball park figure would you be looking at Large Son of Bull? 4 - 5 Kg lighter might be a sweet spot?

He had although trimmed off a little last season.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Totally agree TBR, and not just Duz. The whole team.

2021 was like constipation...... and we finally let it out. Now we're hungry again....
Kano Cornes the Koch Head is looking extremely constipated the past few years.

Tigers and Doggies backed him up in home back to back Prelim Losses.

Good Times.

Who said we derived nothing from this season.

The Cats failing again in straight Sets, the Bears also in straight sets and the Koch Heads out in back to back home Prelims.

And a great draft hand in a decent draft.

Lock and Load for one more bout Tigers.

Delicious !!!!

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I'd like to see him settle at 90 max Craigo, 88-90 ideally.

He's been listed at 93 for the last couple of years but I suspect he's been playing at around 95 or more for most of the time so he'd be netting about half of what he lost when he was crook.

If they get the body composition right at 88-90 it will put him in the sweet spot to play 70-30 midfield time and still maintain power up forward, which is more like the 2017 model.
I like it.

Sounds good to me cheers.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Thanks Craigo, tldr :D

You mentioned EPO production, which as I understood from my studies and lit review of the tour de France, isn't EPO useful for oxygen in the bloodstream?

So an athlete in aerobic sports such as footy would need high EPO levels?
After kidney damage would there be lingering effects.

Does it relate to not being able to run after a night on the turns? Asking for a friend
Normal EPO production is done in the adrenals of the kidneys to stimulate bone marrow to produce Red Blood Cells.

High altitude also stimulates EPO production due to lack of oxygen carrying capacity.

Its why the Maggots went o Aspen or Arizona wherever they went to do high altitude training to increase red blood cell and hemoglobin carrying capacity, problem is the effects don't last as long as many would've thought.

EPO is taken in cycling or various other sports for the very same reason.

B 12 injections also given along with EPO to assist haemoglobin production.

By having an increase in red cell and hemoglobin oxygen carrying capacity, it simply allows for higher output for longer sustained periods as the blood has a higher oxygen carrying level, There are other factors also involved but at a basic level that is the motive.

Problems come doing this in rising hematocrit levels which which along with increased red blood cells leads to polycythaemia which can lead to an increased clotting risk, so far from ideal.

Dusty will be fine I am sure, and no its not related to not being able to run after a big night out I reckon thats more to do with the activities involved during the big night out :)) .... cheers

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Its why the Maggots went o Aspen or Arizona wherever they went to do high altitude training to increase red blood cell and hemoglobin carrying capacity, problem is the effects don't last as long as many would've thought.

They sent the umpires to Aspen? Bloody hell, they're clearly getting treated way too well.

Problems come doing this in rising hematocrit levels which which along with increased red blood cells leads to polycythaemia which can lead to an increased clotting risk, so far from ideal.

Yep, and that's why pro cyclists would set their alarms a few times a night and then run up and down the corridor in the hotels. Their blood was literally too thick and there was a risk of nasty side effects from the drug taking.

DS

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep, and that's why pro cyclists would set their alarms a few times a night and then run up and down the corridor in the hotels. Their blood was literally too thick and there was a risk of nasty side effects from the drug taking.

DS

Exackery mate spot on!!

;)

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Who first called him "Aston Martin"? Bad idea. Never stuck. But seemed brilliant back then.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
They sent the umpires to Aspen? Bloody hell, they're clearly getting treated way too well.
That reminds me of a couple of friends. Harry and Lloyd. They went on a road trip to Aspen and got into a bit of mischief.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
The more i think about it and talk to friends, the more i believe Dusty should captain the team.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Was on Richos Instagram with Pettifer. Looks bloody healthy and fit.