Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Can't help but think how much Dutton turned their lives upside down. At least Dusty would have made Shane a very proud and loved man.

Meanwhile good citizen Toby Mitchell gets to walk the streets again:rolleyes::mad:

Reactions: 1 user

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Terribly sad news for the Martins, extended family and friends.

The article I read has the lifeline contact details at the bottom.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Poor Shane, was doing it tough. It's not the time for vitriol towards a certain person as much as I want to.

Feel so sad for Dustin. He hasn't had a great year with all that has transpired.

You know the club will be around him.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I feel so bad for Dusty.

After everything he has given me as a Tigers supporter and I feel I just can’t help him in his time of need.

What ever happens from here champ, the Tiger Army has your back.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It wouldnt be a shock if Dusty pulled the pin after today's news.
He has achieved everything.
He would be absolutely shattered

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Terrible news.
So sorry Aston for this.

That bald flog in Canberra and his ridiculous laws.
Continued to keep Father and Son separated while others with actual crimes roam free.
No doubt played a part knowing he would never be allowed to come home.
So sad Aston.
Get around your buddies.

Chimpah, get around your good friend.
Time for The Richmond Family to get around The Richmond Man.
2021 has been utter rubbish.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Losing your dad is not something u ever really get over you just learn to deal with it. Condolences to the Martin family, at least dusty is at the right club for support.

Reactions: 5 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Poor Shane,must of been so depressed ,
Rip,Dusty will pay his tributes constantly with his footy.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Terrible news.
So sorry Aston for this.

That bald flog in Canberra and his ridiculous laws.
Continued to keep Father and Son separated while others with actual crimes roam free.
No doubt played a part knowing he would never be allowed to come home.
So sad Aston.
Get around your buddies.

Chimpah, get around your good friend.
Time for The Richmond Family to get around The Richmond Man.
2021 has been utter rubbish.
Yeah. Had enough of Buttonhead.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
No idea, I guess the natural speculation is the difficulties around the deportation may have contributed.

It's very early days but I agree. I think there's a very real chance he will give the game away.
Yeah, going by the most information so far showing on news.com.au, he stated that he suffered from depression and desperately missed seeing his 3 sons and 2 step-daughters living in Australia. I think we all know who's fault this becomes.

We can't control Dusty's life, but hopefully he can continue with us and not go down the road that Mark Mercuri of Essendon did nearly 20 years ago when his brother committed suicide.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Terrible news ,

I knew Shane a bit back in the day , we both arrived in aus around the same time , early 80s , used to play rugby league against him , he played for the Preston tigers ( Balmain colours ) I played for the Frankston sharks ( Cronulla colours ) last time I ran into him was in Adelaide the morning of the disaster final against port , and we had a few laughs about those old days .

RIP

Reactions: 14 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
So young. My condolences to the family.

Imagining many posters on here close to that age. Look after yourselves people. Life always has its challenges.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users