Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
Yup. And his prelims are just as good. I heard a stat a while back that I’m bound to mangle, but here goes:
83 blokes have had 20+ touches and 2+ goals in prelims once. 13 have done it twice. Three times?
Just the one fella.
Good in.
Hope that fella does it a 4th time this year

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
He might not be playing like the Martin we know but that goal on the boundary line was clutch.

Reactions: 8 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
If we are to win the flag this year we need more from Dusty. His current output won't get us there. We don't need 100% 2017-2020 Dusty but 80-90% would be enough. He's nowhere near that mark at the moment.

Can he get back there?

Reactions: 1 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
If we are to win the flag this year we need more from Dusty. His current output won't get us there. We don't need 100% 2017-2020 Dusty but 80-90% would be enough. He's nowhere near that mark at the moment.

Can he get back there?
Yes

Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
His first half's are pretty much full Dusty.

Second half's he runs out of puff and doesn't impact.

Reckon/hope this loss will sting him and he'll get himself in improved fitness for the business end.

Reactions: 7 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I reckon if he wants out, we shouldn't stop him going. He has served the club and will be a legend but it just looks like his mind is elsewhere.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Invisible in the last q.
He turns up when he wants and he trains when he wants.
It's hard enough playing this game when your 100% right. The dusty we have seen this year is 40% dusty.
I haven't seen him get caught so many times. Maybe he needs to do a mini preseason.
I don't like when Hardwick says Dusty does what Dusty likes. No this is Richmond, he does what every one else does.
It wouldn't be a bad thing either. Free up Cap space and start to rejuvenate the list.
I love Dusty but i love the jumper more.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He turns up when he wants and he trains when he wants.
It's hard enough playing this game when your 100% right. The dusty we have seen this year is 40% dusty.
I haven't seen him get caught so many times. Maybe he needs to do a mini preseason.
I don't like when Hardwick says Dusty does what Dusty likes. No this is Richmond, he does what every one else does.
It wouldn't be a bad thing either. Free up Cap space and start to rejuvenate the list.
I love Dusty but i love the jumper more.
The Don't Argue is gone. He gets tackled like a regular player this year.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
What am I missing here??

He's a tiger immortal, and he bleeds yellow and black.

He's not going anywhere, and when we need him when the whips are cracking in finals does anybody doubt he'll deliver!?

It's dusty FFS

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He's a tiger immortal, and he bleeds yellow and black.

He's not going anywhere, and when we need him when the whips are cracking in finals does anybody doubt he'll deliver!?
The first sentence is true.

As for the second sentence, like Scully (or is it Mulder?), I want to believe. But he is playing like a mortal this year.

Doesn't make me any less grateful for the exhilaration he has provided us over his career.

• Dislike

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He's burly and very underdone in terms of ball handling. Turnover king. We still get glimpses.

We wonder if he's getting old. I do not entertain this idea. (Yet.) He's 30 with (touch wood) no big joint issues.

*But he's getting caught so he must be getting slower.* His in game awareness is off. His DIMBIH. He can still be good but there is none of the slipper wizard as at June 2022.

Martin had a foot race with Bews (easily top half dozen on the park for 20m times). Our man could keep up no worries. The steps aren't there because his 3D awareness its not there.

Dimma said it during the week. "He's fat and he hasn't been playing much football. He can certainly return to his best."

Here's the thing. Dustin Martin is physically sound right now. Going to work. Practising football is going to be good for him and good for us.

Reactions: 4 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
He's burly and very underdone in terms of ball handling. Turnover king. We still get glimpses.

We wonder if he's getting old. I do not entertain this idea. (Yet.) He's 30 with (touch wood) no big joint issues.

*But he's getting caught so he must be getting slower.* His in game awareness is off. His DIMBIH. He can still be good but there is none of the slipper wizard as at June 2022.

Martin had a foot race with Bews (easily top half dozen on the park for 20m times). Our man could keep up no worries. The steps aren't there because his 3D awareness its not there.

Dimma said it during the week. "He's fat and he hasn't been playing much football. He can certainly return to his best."

Here's the thing. Dustin Martin is physically sound right now. Going to work. Practising football is going to be good for him and good for us.
DIMBIH?