Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Dusty will be recognised everywhere, just as much in Sydney, it's all media rubbish, swans cap is bursting, as many young players needing and getting pay rises,they can't even pay buddy anywhere near what he was on just as much for cap reasons as for performance.
this is one aspect I find interesting.
its a fishbowl here then Sydney with his standing he won’t be living the life as a recluse .
recently when he has time away in Syd the Daily Mail were papping him constantly

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
Dusty will be recognised everywhere, just as much in Sydney, it's all media rubbish, swans cap is bursting, as many young players needing and getting pay rises,they can't even pay buddy anywhere near what he was on just as much for cap reasons as for performance.

Only richmond and AFL supporters know Dusty you could go to any state show his picture and if they don’t follow richmond or AFL they’d reply “who’s that”

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
it could be explained by Ralph Carr strategically milking the media as free publicity to raise his player's profile.

A larger profile allows him to attract more money from non-AFL streams, which was ultimately how he allowed Dusty to earn more by staying at Richmond than by going to North when he drew things out in 2017.

You’ve hit the nail on the head. Ralph is a very greedy manager and all he looks at is the dollars all this free publicity just increases Dusty’s profile - probably not something Dusty wants but Ralph would

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Dusty jogging laps very slowly this morning I have major doubts on him returning this year:(

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
By the time he plays again, that'll be 9 weeks since he first did his 'minor' hammy. Can only assume the second time he aggravated it, it did some serious damage.

I hope he gets a solid two week block of full training before the final to regain complete confidence in the hammy moreso than anything else.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
AfilthL headline now reads "On track to play finals". AAP report. Burge has been telling us that for weeks with caesar confirming activity levels. Dimma's statement this time.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
With Dusty ruled out until the finals if we make them, I wonder whether he would play VFL on the AFL bye weekend if he is fit by then.

Wouldn't that pull a crowd.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
So Hardwick said the two injuries are “related but unrelated if that makes sense”.

Makes sense to me if they are two completely different injuries (unrelated)and Dusty has had poor physical preparation and thus more prone to get injured (related).

He clearly isn’t going anyway. Liked Hardwick basically saying you media guys want clicks so clicks sell and dusty is a contracted player doesn’t. Wonder if he got the journalist to ask that Dorothy Dixer. Seemed very scripted.

You can just imagine the media folks sitting in their strategy session saying what will drive news / attention / outrage and that given dusty is silent - the is he staying or going would have been put on the stories to write list. Along with the Essendon will be better this year and then rip them apart when they are still *smile*, Cotchin / lynch are thugs and need to compared in any other incident and the Geelong are the greatest bunch of blokes ever. Everything pretty much earmarked to drive Richmond supporters (big audience) insane will sell well.

I get more outraged watching too many here get sucked into it. Should be good for PRE advertising.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Waiting for the media to put 2 and 2 together now after Hooch’s announcement ….and come up with any number that suits.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Makes sense to me if they are two completely different injuries (unrelated)and Dusty has had poor physical preparation and thus more prone to get injured (related).

Has anyone suggested Dusty has had poor physical preparation? I thought he had been reported as doing a full pre season and even in his in season leave was training as if at Punt Rd.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Chl 7 just showed a clip of Brett Deledio saying he is sceptical that Dusty's injury is a hammy and sees similarities with his own injury plagued last season.
Just some more click bait for the media.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Deledio had ongoing calf injuries for about 3 years, absolutely nothing like what Dusty's situation is.