Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I can see the headlines now.
Comes into the 2022 GF team and slaps the entire Geelong FC.
Greatest slight of hand in the history of AFL footy

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Comes into the GF team and slaps the entire Geelong FC.
How good would that be.
After the Cats managed Selwood and Dangerfield for the odd game during the season, we bring in Dusty for the GF, he tears them a new one after being managed for pert near the whole season.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I can see the headlines now.
Comes into the 2022 GF team and slaps the entire Geelong FC.
If he did come back in and it was against Geelong.
They would shitt themselves.
Scott would be panicking
And have a history and folding when it matters

Reactions: 1 user

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Hope I'm wrong, but I'm less confident this morning of him being back for the finals as I was 24 hours ago.

And Grimes they reckon a month.
Ouch.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
An on fire Martin is the ultimate finals weapon any team would want. Hopefully he can make it back and get into beast mode, for us and for the legend that is Dustin Martin.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Over the course i think Dusty generally starts slow, he has had so few injuries over his career thankfully so its hard to judge, most seasons (not all) he generally warms through first half and after the bye starts to get really damaging.

Thats the question i have, Yes of course he plays if fit as he can turn a game on a dime, (I hope im wrong) but i dont think we should be expecting him first or second game back to rip the finals apart as he has done in the past.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Is it just me or does anyone else wonder whether a injury-disrupted Dusty might actually be a liability in the finals?

The team is very well balanced right now. Despite having a reasonable game yesterday, the most like-for-like swap out for Dusty would be Titch.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
We will have to trust the coach and fitness staff.
Has hardly played this year and our game plan has changed a bit.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Is it just me or does anyone else wonder whether a injury-disrupted Dusty might actually be a liability in the finals?

The team is very well balanced right now. Despite having a reasonable game yesterday, the most like-for-like swap out for Dusty would be Titch.

If the VFL makes the finals we can bring Martin in through the twos :)

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

I wouldnt say a liability, and of course he will come straight back in, but the coaches will need to find the right balance up forward.
Dusty, Jack, Tom, Cumberland, Bolton and MRjr is a pretty talented forward line, but we need to make sure the pressure remains. and Miller will still need to spend some time there.

Dusty might have to spend a bit more time around the ball, which isnt a bad thing. as long as he is fit.

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
To be honest now his the cherry on the cake now not like before we were so reliant on him , but if his fit you play match winners without a doubt.

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
To be honest now his the cherry on the cake now not like before we were so reliant on him , but if his fit you play match winners without a doubt.
Also will force coaches to make a decision on who to guard closely, Shai or Dusty. Having just one of them causes opposition coaches to have sleepless nights, containing two of them may force coaches into night terrors. Poor old Fages!

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
2020 Grand Final, 3 of Martin's 4 goals were when we needed them most and he pretty much kicked those goals from nothing. You don't keep a player like that out of the finals

His last goal he was just trolling Dangerfield and Geelong, which was equally importantly

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Half-fit Martin is worth it.

So much oppo work goes into him and he absolutely demands attention.

Think of the flow on effect for a rampaging Lynch.

50% Dusty worth it every day if the week and twice on Sundays

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Half-fit Martin is worth it.

So much oppo work goes into him and he absolutely demands attention.

Think of the flow on effect for a rampaging Lynch.

50% Dusty worth it every day if the week and twice on Sundays
Just plonk him in the forward pocket and watch him kick 5.

Reactions: 2 users