Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Hmmm…let’s set out some facts and observations.

1. According to many the video has been circulating for quite some time - happy to be corrected.

2. Now a question, timing is a coincidence? The day before we play an elimination final and one in which Dusty returns. Does anyone think that‘s a coincidence? If you do, I’m jealous of the naive innocent world you live in.

3. What relevance has a video from 2015, yes 7 years ago, have today. Perhaps we should ask the AFL executive team whether they ever visited a strip club? Actually let’s ask them to sign a stat dec Just to be sure.

4. Unless the law changed on Wednesday, I don’t recall visiting a strip club or other venue is illegal. I’m sure that the player contracts do not say a player can’t go to a strip club.

5. While going to a strip club may not be for everyone, that’s a person‘s choice - unless it’s illegal it is no one’s business. Just because some fool took a video doesn‘t change that.

6. let’s compare to something that is illegal and is kept private and confidential - when a player tests positive for an ILLICIT substance why is that kept secret even by the media - compare the various whispers involving the AFL ambassador Buddy. Whether they are true or not, they were well known - not one report.

7. Media didn’t have a choice - seriously? See pt 6 - surely you don’t need me to point out many examples where the media have made a conscious choice not to report something which they know is true. I’ll give you an easy football one - Melbourne in 2020 involving Goodwin nearly getting sacked. Not one report until Bartlett spoke out a few months ago.

8. Dusty apologising for what? Doing something which is legal and in a private function. Now if the lady involved has since complained, well that is a completely different thing. Would love to hear her view of things. That’s all that counts: not the view of some 50 year old bloke trying to save his million dollar plus wage.

9. If the AFL wants to properly sit on its high horse, it should have the guts to put it in the player contracts. No strip clubs, no brothels, no drinking in public, no kissing a lady or man in a bar or night club. Wonder how that would sit with AFLPA or workplace laws.
Excellent posting.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
The media didn't set the agenda here though, they have refused to use it when it has been shopped around.

The person concerned has attempted to make money off it and once that has been unsuccessful they have spread it around for free.

Once it became public the media doesn't have a choice but to report on it. The best player of the past decade, if not ever, in a video touching a naked woman is a story any way you look at it. If it was Degoey and the media ignored it once it was public this site would melt down with bias accusations. Blaming the media is a cop out in my opinion.

Unfortunately he allowed himself to be filmed in a compromising position and it is a poor look. We can all appreciate the extenuating circumstances but he has done the wrong thing and he is just going to have to cop what comes until it blows over, acknowledge the mistake, apologise and let everyone know it was a long time ag and he has learnt his lesson.
So media ignored it for what, 7 years or whatever ... but once the flog made it free and public ... they absolutely could no longer?? Right. Such arch moral standards, so easily discarded. :LOL:

And the timing was just all coincidental? Right.

DeGoey stories not comparable - all contemporaneous; '21/ 2022. Irrelevant really to this 7 years ago episode.

Not really sure it's so 'compromising.' What, doing what we all do from the moment of birth - at least for those fortunate to have their surviving mother present? Not sure what he has to apologise for. No-one has heard from the young lady who has definitely had her privacy and identity (most likely) breached by numerous, mainstream media outlets. Especially with AFL honchos chasing her to make a different form of contact, interrogating her with heaps of questions most likely about some (probably innocuous) incident (for her) long ago, that my be far less preferable, given we don't seem to be aware of any objections since it happened.

It's alleged they are even friends; she may have found Dusty's gentle, admiring caress to be entirely acceptable. Who knows otherwise?

Really, as an early poster said, storm in a B cup. Only fodder for sad Puritans, just ludicrous, faux "outrage".

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
It's alleged they are even friends; she may have found Dusty's gentle, admiring caress to be entirely acceptable. Who knows otherwise?

Really, as an early poster said, storm in a B cup. Only fodder for sad Puritans, just ludicrous, faux "outrage".
For $150 the strippers will be anyone’s bestie.
Until the music stops

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Just signed a 9 yr extension.
He makes me laugh. He Parks his car inside punt Rd behind the goals..
And the Media by now know his car it's like he does to mentally *smile* them over.
I was like if wanted to go, he could but now the season is over, I couldn't bear to see him at another club.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The latest musings on this by Jon Ralph is that Dusty is very likely to stay, has never mentioned to the club any intention of leaving but if he did Gold Coast would probably be able to accomodate him.
WTF? Is this what we see as journalism these days?

Reactions: 5 users

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Are we allowed to Re sign him for another 2 years and lower the 2x $1.3M to 4x$650k even if he plays out of the square for the last 2 years?

Reactions: 1 user

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Are we allowed to Re sign him for another 2 years and lower the 2x $1.3M to 4x$650k even if he plays out of the square for the last 2 years?
If it’s true that Dusty is struggling for motivation and not enjoying footy, then there’s zero chance of getting him to agree to what would effectively be a 4 year contract

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Has the media narrative regarding Dusty changed recently?

It seems to have gone from “Dusty will move to Sydney for the lifestyle and he loves it there” to Dusty will move to Gold Coast because they have the money and space in their cap” to ”Dusty will stay at Richmond but he has fallen out of love with the game and will never be the same player again.”

My money is on Dusty tearing his critics a new one next year. At Richmond.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

It seems to have gone from “Dusty will move to Sydney for the lifestyle and he loves it there” to Dusty will move to Gold Coast because they have the money and space in their cap” to ”Dusty will stay at Richmond but he has fallen out of love with the game and will never be the same player again.”

Media needs clicks. Martin is one of the AFL media's top click generators.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Agree, a proud player albeit with some insecurities, no way would he want to end his career with the Tiger's with a season like that.
I reckon he will have a big pre-season and whilst not at his brownlow medal best he will be a dangerous proposition for year's to come.

Reactions: 2 users