Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Should win a Walkley award for the non story of the year.
Great post.

Its hilarious MacClure getting his words per article payments by pretty much creating his own speculation - and then disproving it.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
As said early on Dusty was never leaving Richmond. Too loyal. It's not his style.
Yep, You did mate and so did I.

I'm sure he was enjoying watching these clowns talk *smile* knowing full well he was staying.

Loyalty was the premise that made him sign in 2017, it was instilled in him by his father.

No way was he breaking his deal with the RFC and his mates.

I'm sure the resigning of his great mates in Cotch and Jack will have him fired up for next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
So the whole Dusty leaving story was just made up media BS?

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Looks like the Dusty leaving story was speculation.

Has definitely been a hard year for Martin, so happy to know he is staying. Just hope he can look forward to 2023 with some optimism and get some positive head space enjoying playing footy.

Let's get back to that attitude of making footy fun again. So much pressure with COVID, must have been hard for all players to not feel like it was all a massive grind. Time to flick the switch and make footy fun again.

DS

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Just want Martin playing his best footy, and going toe to toe with Bolton for the most match winning exploits. Bring on 2023.

Reactions: 1 user

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
A fit Dusty next year would be like a massive recruit compared to his output ( no fault of his ) this year ,

Throw in Taranto and Hopper

That is a massive improvement to a team that still made finals

Reactions: 4 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
There are hundreds of thousands of fans out there who love Dusty.

I totally get it’s been the toughest of years for him, but the fans - especially all the kids and families who adore him - deserve more respect.

Just a one-liner released via the club website would’ve been enough.

I won’t believe this cloud over his motivation is gone until he rolls up round 1 and does his usual thing.

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Reckon this news is bigger than the news regarding the 2 boys from GWS.

Sneaking suspicion that after his sabbatical yr, Dusty will once again be a force in 2023.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I've been saying that since the beginning. It was based on nothing but "Dustin likes spending time in Sydney."

It got worse than that. Once it was clear the Sydney clubs either weren't interested or couldn't afford him. McClure then spouts out all that crap of Dustin to Gold Coast. Asked whether he had heard anything linking Dustin to Gold Coast and he said, no, but thats what I think should happen.

So thats what "journalism" is these days. Putting down your own personal thoughts and trying to claim that as insider knowledge.

Reactions: 3 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
It got worse than that. Once it was clear the Sydney clubs either weren't interested or couldn't afford him. McClure then spouts out all that crap of Dustin to Gold Coast. Asked whether he had heard anything linking Dustin to Gold Coast and he said, no, but thats what I think should happen.

So thats what "journalism" is these days. Putting down your own personal thoughts and trying to claim that as insider knowledge.

Yep it just reinforces the notion that you can't believe anything these so called "journalists spout as fact. It's mainly pure speculation & lies. Made up to suit their agenda & to generate clicks on their various websites.