Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
It got worse than that. Once it was clear the Sydney clubs either weren't interested or couldn't afford him. McClure then spouts out all that crap of Dustin to Gold Coast. Asked whether he had heard anything linking Dustin to Gold Coast and he said, no, but thats what I think should happen.

So thats what "journalism" is these days. Putting down your own personal thoughts and trying to claim that as insider knowledge.
Yes. Vomit worthy really. Generate fodder to justify your own existence.

Problem is that there are many folk that swallow this stuff up whole.

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Reckon this news is bigger than the news regarding the 2 boys from GWS.

Sneaking suspicion that after his sabbatical yr, Dusty will once again be a force in 2023.
Let’s not forget that Dusty in full flight is a more damaging player than Taranto or Hopper on their best days.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
People really need to get stuck into McClure for starting and then persisting with such fake garbage and then, staggeringly, de bunking his own fake news with a breaking story that he is staying.

What an ordinary operator.

Reactions: 17 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I have a sneaking suspicion Dusty didn’t come out and say anything because he wanted the media to keep working themselves up and make bigger fools of themselves

Reactions: 5 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
It got worse than that. Once it was clear the Sydney clubs either weren't interested or couldn't afford him. McClure then spouts out all that crap of Dustin to Gold Coast. Asked whether he had heard anything linking Dustin to Gold Coast and he said, no, but thats what I think should happen.

So thats what "journalism" is these days. Putting down your own personal thoughts and trying to claim that as insider knowledge.
spot on Mr poshman .that's how a 'senior' so called journalist .reports a news story ..........he made it up, pure and simple .he should be sacked or at the very least 'asked to take' a year off by his so called profession or employer ..weak gutter low life and typical AFL journalism ....not surprised or shocked .no creditability at all ................but the lying cheating circus rolls on ...........unrestrained

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
spot on Mr poshman .that's how a 'senior' so called journalist .reports a news story ..........he made it up, pure and simple .he should be sacked or at the very least 'asked to take' a year off by his so called profession or employer ..weak gutter low life and typical AFL journalism ....not surprised or shocked .no creditability at all ................but the lying cheating circus rolls on ...........unrestrained

Yeah, but this is the power of the media. They can make things up, or write stories on the back of very thin evidence, and in doing so they set the agenda. It is a huge power.

As for Dusty, I applaud his lack of a response. Any response would have been twisted anyway. Bit like asking a politician if they are about to depose the leader and go for the top job, the minute they deny it the media reports that the challenge is definitely on. Staying silent is the best response, it certainly managed to mute the story for a while as the media were starved of content. That is how you deal with speculation by the media, give them nothing.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I have a sneaking suspicion Dusty didn’t come out and say anything because he wanted the media to keep working themselves up and make bigger fools of themselves
I used to work with a lot of journos. Every now and then a new one would try and get their teeth into me and I would just talk absolute bs to them just for fun.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
So everyone here who was getting angst about him going are now relieved because journos have said he is staying? Anyway generated plenty of pages on this thread.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Was spot in Sydney 8 weeks ago having coffee with 2 GWS players.

Was spot in Melbourne 1 week ago having coffee with 2 GWS players.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
Dusty staying will smile off the bunch of AFL sycophants off even more.
They will even go harder after him.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Best way for Dusty to shut down everything is to let his footy do the talking.

He doesn't have to get back to his best but here's hoping he can still be a strong contributor.

Yes there are various reasons why but statistically this season was just about the worst he's had since he debuted.

Hopefully a strong preseason sees him launch into 2023. Obviously Dusty playing good footy makes us a far more dangerous team.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Yep. Not enough to simply report the raw facts of the news these days. Good journo's create the news narrative n speculate all the possible scenarios n outcomes their narrative could somehow achieve. It's all about setting agenda's n keeping the click bait shekels invested n generating inside the loop.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Dusty just minding his own business on holidays and still the media find a way to get Dusty in the headlines :rolleyes:, this one is just bizarre

Reactions: 2 users

TigerWinner

Tiger Rookie
Apr 21, 2022
Dusty just minding his own business on holidays and still the media find a way to get Dusty in the headlines :rolleyes:, this one is just bizarre

He's taking the Kids out to lunch WTF is wrong with that? :):)

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
many moons ago The Age was a decent newspaper ..

like the Australian, the Sun, the Herald, the Etc Etc ...

don't waste your coin .. or your time ..

Reactions: 1 users