Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Just in on the HS web site.
With 74 days until round 1, Glenn McFarlane looks at the 23 storylines that could define the 2023 AFL season.
Covid

We were locked up for too long ;)

CAN DUSTIN MARTIN REDISCOVER THE MAGIC?

For all the talk that he might leave Richmond or the game itself after an incredibly tough two years, Dustin Martin chose to stay with both. We’re taking that as the best guide to his 2023 intentions. Some personal and soft tissue issues restricted him to only nine of Richmond’s past 28 games. But Tigers officials couldn’t be happier with his first pre-season block. If his body stays sound, and motivation levels can be high, he can get back to his damaging best.

Can Dusty return to his best and lead the Tigers to the promised land once again? Picture: Ian Currie

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
with the new pair from GWS and some speculation during the year about will this be Trent's last year and will this be Jack's last year
it might take some spotlight off Dusty , which I think could only be a good thing

Reactions: 8 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
with the new pair from GWS and some speculation during the year about will this be Trent's last year and will this be Jack's last year
it might take some spotlight off Dusty , which I think could only be a good thing
Indeed. There so many ifs involving Dusty but the thought of him being able to roam between the goal square and center of the ground picking the spots where he can be most dangerous j fascinates me. Imagine trying to find two medium defenders capable of stopping Dusty and Shai?
The number of 1 on 1's that Tom Lynch will get is terrifying.
The dominoes that Dusty knocks over by being on the ground and back to 75% of his best is so vast.

And IF, somehow, someway his body and soul are repaired and he gets back to 95% of his best the dominoes that get knocked down increase tenfold.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Indeed. There so many ifs involving Dusty but the thought of him being able to roam between the goal square and center of the ground picking the spots where he can be most dangerous j fascinates me. Imagine trying to find two medium defenders capable of stopping Dusty and Shai?
The number of 1 on 1's that Tom Lynch will get is terrifying.
The dominoes that Dusty knocks over by being on the ground and back to 75% of his best is so vast.

And IF, somehow, someway his body and soul are repaired and he gets back to 95% of his best the dominoes that get knocked down increase tenfold.
And if Dusty or Shai don’t get ya, Cumbo will.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

The catch for me is he has to be playing genuine midfield minutes as first priority.

I actually think the idea that he can be a purely effective forward is a bit of a fallacy, if teams can set up for him then it is a big challenge being a 187cm forward.

He needs to have the extra advantage of disorganising the defence and making them find him, to be his most effective and then creating a match up with someone his size but not his strength.

Reactions: 10 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
The catch for me is he has to be playing genuine midfield minutes as first priority.

I actually think the idea that he can be a purely effective forward is a bit of a fallacy, if teams can set up for him then it is a big challenge being a 187cm forward.

He needs to have the extra advantage of disorganising the defence and making them find him, to be his most effective and then creating a match up with someone his size but not his strength.
Very true but the difference with Dusty will be that he will always have licence to roam up the ground and will create havoc in opposition backlines with his unpredictability positioning.

You are never going to see Dusty as a stay home foward

Reactions: 12 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Very true but the difference with Dusty will be that he will always have licence to roam up the ground and will create havoc in opposition backlines with his unpredictability positioning.

You are never going to see Dusty as a stay home foward
Bingo, he will never be a stay at home forward, he will know what matchup to take deep and what match to take up the ground. I reckon it’s 50/50 split at best between midfield and forward. Wouldn’t be shocked if it was 70/30 split forward.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Bingo, he will never be a stay at home forward, he will know what matchup to take deep and what match to take up the ground. I reckon it’s 50/50 split at best between midfield and forward. Wouldn’t be shocked if it was 70/30 split forward.
It also allows him to be fresh / high energy when mid.
Which goes for Bolton too.
Let Taranto, Hopper, Prestia, Cotch, Graham and Shorty run the mega minutes onball, leaving Duz and Shai to be ultra burst

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Guess I'll never need to watch another domino show, got kinda repetitive after a couple of seconds just watching stuff fall over. Some of those fans might have potential though, they almost got a chant happening there at one stage.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Dusty no Saint but thank god we got this bloke out of the club and away from him, a talent wasted, he had some tricks:

Ex-Tigers star charged with firearm, drug offences

Former Richmond footballer Daniel Connors has appeared in court a day after being charged with firearm and drug offences.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users