Dustin Martin’s bikie dad claims Aboriginal heritage in bid to return (HS) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin’s bikie dad claims Aboriginal heritage in bid to return (HS)

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The matter was settled. The only thing that's changed is the High Court decision.

Government sending him back to buy time and enact a new law.
He really must be Public Enemy Number 1 if we need a law just to keep him out.

Dusty's Dad's Law they could call it.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
Immigration Minister Peter Dutton called Mr Martin's claims of Aboriginality "spurious" on Today on Tuesday morning.

"He, along with many others, don't deserve to be in our country and that's why they have had their visas cancelled," he said.

What does Buttonhead really mean?

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
jones bolt and co would have voted no in the 67 referendum.
You are wrong there, don’t get sucked into the “you’re a raaaacist” thing with Bolt etc.. go and read his articles with a clear mind on indigenous issues. He has been highlighting issues no one wants to talk about due to the racist tag.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Shane has paid a nice sum to some indigenous council and Shazam they say he is aboriginal. The Aus Govt is right to dismiss this a total crap.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I’m a bit confused by this. I seem to remember an article after he was deported where Shane’s brother said he mentioned to him that they might have indigenous ancestry. Now this article says that Shane was issued a certificate before he was deported. Surely that would be something he would have remembered at the time?
or have I got my timeline mixed up?

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Not to forget that Dutton's decision to deport him was quashed by the Federal Court.

"Had Shane been in Australia when this decision was made, he would probably be a free man in Australia," Mr Martin's lawyer John Kotsifas told the ABC.

"But unfortunately, he was deported to New Zealand and not in Australia at the relevant time.

"In Shane Martin's case he had no criminal history which would entitle the Minister to cancel his visa with confidence, so he relied on other grounds which the courts have found to be invalid."

The Federal Court also ordered the Commonwealth to pay Mr Martin's legal costs.
--> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07...sion-to-cancel-dustin-martin-dad-visa/9938394

The quashing was on a technicality based on the "either or" wording of the reasons for the cancelling of his visa.

Another example of over reach by Dutton.

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Not to forget that Dutton's decision to deport him was quashed by the Federal Court.

--> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07...sion-to-cancel-dustin-martin-dad-visa/9938394

The quashing was on a technicality based on the "either or" wording of the reasons for the cancelling of his visa.

Another example of over reach by Dutton.

If Shane Martin was a good looking au pair girl who worked for one of Potato Head Duttons good mates, he'd have no problems staying here.
Corrupt scum bag is Potato Head, just like a lot of his mates.

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Immigration Minister Peter Dutton called Mr Martin's claims of Aboriginality "spurious" on Today on Tuesday morning.

"He, along with many others, don't deserve to be in our country and that's why they have had their visas cancelled," he said.

What does Buttonhead really mean?
the word is bandied around, but Dutton is an actual facist

Reactions: 2 users

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
Can't imagine it's great for their family but the truth is Dusty's form has never been better since his old man was deported.

Reactions: 2 users

fastin bulbous

I Dig Syd
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
^^ Interesting comments from Ms Sculthorpe given it was her organisation, the Tasmanian Aboriginal Centre aka Tasmanian Aboriginal Corporation, which issued certificates to the Martin family.

Edit: It seems a number of these organisations with similar names come and go, and the one that issued the certificates to Martin was deregistered in 2018. Hence the government's stance...

sorry LTRTR but the Tasmanian Aboriginal Corporation whose contact officer is heather Sculthorpe is very much alive and well. You can find it on the oric.gov.au website. Many aboriginal corps wind up and/or de register themselves as they find the reporting requirements and meeting stipulations too hard to uphold given little or no funding, geographical issues and general low incomes of members. They are all not for profits. It’s not necessarily a disciplinary thing. Doesn’t fit your narrative does it.

Reactions: 1 users

fastin bulbous

I Dig Syd
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
You seem to be talking about the Aboriginal Corporation Tasmania of which heather sculthorpe was not a member. Which is at the top of that link. Is that right? It had 6 members. Are you once more creating ‘facts’. Your narrative? Come on, there is a clear race based bias in many of your posts. Let’s not be childish. You stated that Heather Sculthorpe issued the certificate and then spoke against it. And now You say it was a different corporation. Even though you gave it the same name as the first. Just responding to the ‘information’ you provide.