Dusty / Dimma relationship | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dusty / Dimma relationship

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Shows what an iron man Jack's been, considering he has 14 operations every off-season.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I thought Jack Titus might be there, he hardly ever missed and held the consecutive games record for years, maybe never got to 244.
It took him a while to cement a spot. Following his debut he played only 9 of the next 40 senior games.

He then played 82/89 before his record run to the end of his career.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

BrummieTiger

Tiger Cub
Jun 28, 2019
The mind boggles at how sick old McHale must've been to miss a grand final...

Rightly or wrongly, McHale is credited with the 1930 GF among his 714 games, same as Sheedy was credited with a game he was absent for with Gary O'Donnell filling in.

GmsPlayerCoachClubCoach #Gms missed
306Coventry, GordonMcHale, JockColl1st27
282Hutchison, BillReynolds, *smile*Ess1st26
278Roughead, JarrydClarkson, AlastairHaw1st69
276Fletcher, DustinSheedy, KevinEss1st75
260Lewis, JordanClarkson, AlastairHaw1st21
257Mitchell, SamClarkson, AlastairHaw3rd31
256Cox, DeanWorsfold, JohnW.C.2nd25
255Hodge, LukeClarkson, AlastairHaw3rd50
253Collier, HarryMcHale, JockColl1st33
253Hird, JamesSheedy, KevinEss1sr121
247Lucas, ScottSheedy, KevinEss1st31
247Madden, SimonSheedy, KevinEss4th36
244*Martin, DustinHardwick, DamienRich1st8
243O'Donnell, GarySheedy, KevinEss1st15
240Scarlett, MatthewThompson, MarkGeel2nd22
239Daniher, TerrySheedy, KevinEss3rd44
238Bewick, DarrenSheedy, KevinEss1st68
238Kyne, PhonseMcHale, JockColl1st72
237*Riewoldt, JackHardwick, DamienRich3rd15
231Bartlett, KevinHafey, TomRich3rd17
226*Cotchin, TrentHardwick, DamienRich3rd30
218*Edwards, ShaneHardwick, DamienRich3rd34
211Clay, *smile*Hafey, TomRich1st20
202Sheedy, KevinHafey, TomRich1st27
201Bourke, Francis W.Hafey, TomRich1st27
Thanks everyone for the very enthusiastic replies, and to L2R2R for this table. It really shows the difficulty of achieving such a feat when you think that with the great careers guys like McHale and Sheedy had, coaching at one club for so long, that there's still omly one p[layer in history to hit the 300 mark under a single coach.

Martin's place on this list is really down to a perfect storm of a future champion joining a weak team at the very moment a new coach arrived who was to go on and become the longest serving coach in the club's history. A confluence of events that is very difficult to replicate. Even if Dusty were drafted in today, I'd say he'd miss more games early on than he did if for no other reason than development/welfare/management concerns. Plus today's team is just so much harder to break into (though no doubt even little Dusty would have been best 22 today).

Martin's resilience is also underlined by the fact that in that same off-season we brought on board Grimes and Astbury, who, in terms of games played sit over 70 and 100 games behind Martin respectively. It's also worth considering that the next realistic cab off the rank for such status is Nick Vlastuin given that, Bachar Houli (2010 PSD) aside, there's nobody left on the list from the 2010 or 2011 Drafts.

Again, I'm totally nerding out. L2R2R's list got me excited!!

BrummieTiger

Tiger Cub
Jun 28, 2019
You'd have to be a Black Sabbath fan brummie?
Not overly Snake. I'm an Aussie boy born and bred, only moved to Birmingham in 2015 after a dozen or so years living off the grid in Ireland. Never was in to British music growing up, though since moving here I have learned an appreciation for the likes of Freddie Mercury and David Bowie. I live just a couple of k's from Edgbaston cricket ground and can assure all and sundry it would sh*t itself if the 'G' ever came wandering down Pershore Rd.

Reactions: 1 user