Dusty or Royce? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dusty or Royce?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
My dad also rated Mopsy as the best ..
My dad loved Mopsy, too. Said he held Coleman goalless for a half once. So the Bombers sent a couple of their thugs over to rough Mopsy up for a bit, then put Coleman back on a battered and bruised Fraser up and he snagged a couple.

kevbokev

Tiger Rookie
Jan 15, 2009
Dusty is a great player no doubt about that, but for me it's Royce. Saw him mainly 69-73. Was always competing against two and still managed to get 20+ disposals most games during his heyday. Of course footy at that time was less free-flowing so there were few 'cheap' disposals, if Royce took 10 marks in a game generally 8 of them would be speccies.

Also, and this is not a criticism of modern players, but Royce played lots of games on absolute mudheaps, which just made games a hard slog and limited a lot of players, but Royce was still able to show his sublime skills, and whereas Dusty gets 'tagged', Royce would get 'belted'.

But anyway both great players, and I feel privileged to have seen the both of them. When I was going to the footy back in the day, lots of supporters were still talking about Skinny Titus, he must have been pretty handy as well.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Love Dusty, Loved KB & Loved Royce.

But...

Our greatest ever player is Skinny Titus

followed by KB, Royce 3rd Dusty 4th

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Love Dusty, Loved KB & Loved Royce.

But...

Our greatest ever player is Skinny Titus

followed by KB, Royce 3rd Dusty 4th

his listed on AFL Tables as 66kg!!!

I suppose thats why they called him skinny?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
yep, & a short arse as well, his deeds dont get recognised enough, in saying that he is one of our few Immortals

175/66. WTF?

was he a true FF? What was his trick? jump on the fullback and hit him with a whip?