Dusty v Petracca | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dusty v Petracca

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
I saw a clip of Goodwin speaking just like Dimma and wondered if one of our assistant coaches went to Melbourne at the end of last year.

Sure enough, Choco Williams went to them in December last year.

He‘s got the same development role with them as he had with us, and now they‘be got total buy-in from role players. Connection. Game states. Their opening 5 wins is reminiscent of us in 2017 when nobody believed in us.

There’s no scoffing from me with the Petracca/Dusty comparison. Melbourne should be respected as a premiership threat like we should’ve been in 2017.

The difference for them is Richmond doesn’t have an Adelaide-like hubris to help them out. (Do we?)
We do.

But ours isn't completely without foundation.

It's a 3 premiership hubris. Not a power ranger stance hubris.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I saw a clip of Goodwin speaking just like Dimma and wondered if one of our assistant coaches went to Melbourne at the end of last year.

He‘s got the same development role with them as he had with us, and now they‘be got total buy-in from role players. Connection. Game states. Their opening 5 wins is reminiscent of us in 2017 when nobody believed in us.

There’s no scoffing from me with the Petracca/Dusty comparison. Melbourne should be respected as a premiership threat like we should’ve been in 2017.

The difference for them is Richmond doesn’t have an Adelaide-like hubris to help them out. (Do we?)
The one flaw in the comparison is Williams. We got rid of him at the end of 2016, and I don’t think it’s a total coincidence that our rise coincided with his departure. He was very salty about our success in 2017.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We have a tough draw this season.
There's no break in it.
Constantly hard games
This season will be our hardest fixture wise thanks to Hocking.
Compared Geelong playing Wc and Brisbane at Karadinia park and we travel to perth twice, port, Brisbane and GWS all away.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

Choco left us in 2016 !

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Petracca is very good and getting better, still a fair way off dusty yet

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
There's no break in it.
Constantly hard games
This season will be our hardest fixture wise thanks to Hocking.
Compared Geelong playing Wc and Brisbane at Karadinia park and we travel to perth twice, port, Brisbane and GWS all away.

A tough draw might mean we drop a game here and there, which i don't think is a bad thing as it should help prevent complacency setting in.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
The one flaw in the comparison is Williams. We got rid of him at the end of 2016, and I don’t think it’s a total coincidence that our rise coincided with his departure. He was very salty about our success in 2017.
Yes but saw a report claiming that, as their development coach, he has really improved their kicking, with footage as evidence. I think he has also got across our message about playing a team role, not trying to do too much alone but share the ball with team-mates in better position.

That may be true as Godeeez are using and kicking the ball far better in '21. However, we have never looked back on his departure as he was really old school and that authoritarian style of communication with today's generation of young players can be counter-productive.

Don't mind Choco as he's a real individual, but will be interesting to see how long he stays with the Dees.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
We have a tough draw this season.
Yes, designed by Shocking and Co. to try and ensure we miss top 4 to provide greatest opportunity of knocking us out of contention. No easier games until Rd. 11/12 - Crows and Bummers.

Note only 2 x HGs in first 6 rds (Hawks match not our HG - not that nuff-nuffs like Kane Cornes will count it that way!)

Compare with soft draw for the other '20 Grand Finalist. Rd.1 - Crows A (expected easy kill even at AO but 'shock' loss); Lions H; Hawks G; Dees A (one strong opponent in form and well beaten); Norf H Rd. 5. Two lucky wins under a goal in that lot still.

And the skunks really struggling - with issues and injuries - next 3 are Bummers G, GCS G, Norf MS.

How fortunate.

Last edited: